TCS Vanguard CV-21

Originally posted by gevatter Lars
WC Saga selfmade mission ^____^

Well its was just for testing if the fighter would fit into the Landingbay....got problems with the Vesuvius model...someone made the Hangar to small!!!

not too small, Lars... well, not really...
if you take a look at the Vesuvius in WC4 you will notice that the landing bay is really thin. The "look-through" effect you mentioned is caused by the problems with the Z-Buffer, as the Freespace 2 Engine can not handle it in this way right, even if you triangulate the model. As the result you see turrets and other sub objects through the hull. Not really nice, but it can't be, as far as I know, fixed :(

@Cam: nice work, but I have to admit that I miss details on the model. I understand, that using bump mapping can 'simulate' details, but it would be nice to have some structures on the hull...

btw, I have seen pictures of the damages Vanguard in the SciFi V4 forums. It would be nice if you would post them here

Tolwyn, you misunderstand! :D I'll be using bump mapping but I haven't finished these models yet. They'll have modeled windows and they'll be ripped apart just like my TCS Atlanta mesh heheh. ;)

cruiser.wip02.jpg

Valor: It is the hole at the back of the ship. That is (supposedly) where the fighters come in and out of. The frigates have similar bays but I'm guessing they're not for fighters because they only have the force-field lights and no bays.

So they use the same bay for Launching and Landing. I knew that the hole in the back for for landing but its hard to beleave they use the same one supposedly to launch out of.

As with a modern Runway, there would be traffic. ie, Fighter A would have wait for Fighter B to take off before it could land

The destroyer model is ready for texturing now (will do that after I model the rest).

wc.destroyer.wip04.jpg

Once the texturing on them is done I can start ripping them up and scorching the textures to make them look battered and derelict.

2 followed by a cool smilie... Too Cool... get it? Anyway, awesome model Cam. Can't wait for the final version.

Back