TCS Vanguard CV-21

WC Saga selfmade mission ^____^

Well its was just for testing if the fighter would fit into the Landingbay....got problems with the Vesuvius model...someone made the Hangar to small!!!

:)

I know the carrier isn't finished yet but since they're all in the same location and will have a similar look, I'll texture them all at the same time. The model needs more works till but here is what I have so far!

cruiser.wip01.jpg

cruiser.wip02.jpg

Somehow those manage to look much better than my frigate, even though they're all just as boxy...

Heh.

Ya ever wonder what the hell that thing is at the front of the Tallahassee-Class cruisers? I'm guessing it's some sort of cannon, although I could be wrong.

I've always assumed it's a big gun they planned to put on it but never implemented.

Maybe a predecessor to one of those directional cannons they have on the Cerebrus and Plunkett-Class ships?

Not really a good description, since it's not directional and we've seen capital ships with nose mounted guns before. The Confederation class and Concordia Supercruiser both have canons firing along the central axis of the ship, and the Begal class has fixed plasma guns on the wings.

Here's the Concordia Supercruiser picture I stole from WC in Russia because I'm too lazy to scan... the gun's running along the top to the nose.

concsc2l.jpg

Here's the Confederation class... it's the grey barrel under the nose

conc2.jpg

Cam was that hanger there in the games? I'm about to start up WC3 after I finish Privateer so I'll see for myself. It seems to be too tall. Hangers are supposed to be short and wide aren't they?
I always thought the big opening on the front of the cruisers were the capmiss launcher or the torpedo tube (but since the books say ships have up to a dozen torp tubes, I guess I have to give that one up :) )
Speaking of meshes, I always though the WC3 meshes were more realistic looking htan the WC4 ones. Just my opinion.

C-ya

Nice pics, but it's somewhat pointless to compare a movie ship with a game ship. They were going for a different look in the movie. The fact that some ships look alike or not is irrelevant. Otherwise, the CS Tiger Claw and the TCS Tiger's Claw would be completely different ships.

Has anyone ever tried to make "new" models for the older WC1+2 ships so they look more like WC3+4?
I think the WC3+4 stile is more realistic for ships then these round ships with its fines....well still I wouldn't change to much...as you can see at my version of the Claw.

Well I am going to make a "new" version of the Strakha fighter. It'll be a WC3-looking Strakha Mk 1.

Well since you are making this quite good looking models...would you like to share them with me...or the WC Saga Mod?
We could use them for some CGI scenes, maybe.

If you don't want to make the availble for the mod, then just let me take a look at them...always want to learn from other people.

Back