TCS Krakatoa oder BLS Krakatoa?

Triple-B

Rear Admiral
I stumbled across a contradiction and nead some infos now :confused:

when reading the star soldier and the wcpedia, the krakatoa is mentioned as a confed ship ( by the way, does anyone know when the ships was built? )

reading in black lance HQ gives another version of the ships history

"The pride and flagship of the Black Lance fleet. The BLS Krakatoa is a Vesuvius-class super carrier, originally designed just prior to the Border Worlds conflict. After the conflict the Black Lance was able to assemble another carrier, the Krakatoa. With 28 turreted lasers, AMG's and capship missile tubes, this is a ship not to be dealt with lightly. The only known ship of a similar class to be able to match it is the newly comissioned TCS Midway."

which story is true?

edit: sorry, I mixed up.. "oder" is the german word for "or" :D

BLS Krakatoa is fan fiction.... There is "no Black Lance Fleet" in S*S they're considered pirates. The Krakatoa is TCS

in fact: "Black Lance HQ" is Fanfiction

Everything in Star Soldier is TRUE!....Everything else that you see (Unless mentioned) is wrong/false... or is speculation. Also read up on the Wcnews Frontpage updates for StarSoldier where the authors/creators of "Arena" give the reasoning behind certain information that was included in Star Soldier.

Absolutely all that is known about the Krakatoa is that Commodore Strevell transferred to her when the Port Broughton went down. It's assumed she's a Confed Vesuvius class ship, but even that is not specifically stated. Things like what year a certain ship was built are only know for some small single digit percentage of ships.

You also have to be careful about the material posted to fan fiction websites. "BLS" is not a prefix ever mentioned in any source material. Black Lance ships were "TCS" Confed ships until the tables turned on the organization.

The name comes from a list Capn Johnny provided years ago (that list has became official at times through things like S*S).

As for build order, I don't believe we have anything concrete.

do you guess she was built prior or after the mc kinley?

There's no way to know, and I don't think it's a particularly important piece of information, but we know that the McKinley had to have been built during a half-dozen year period around the late 2670s whereas the Krakatoa could have been built in a twenty-year range (although since it originates from a WCSO Johnny list, the two could very well have been built at about the same time).

Back