Switching from Virtual to Actual Flybys (July 2, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Lacey and I recently got a chance to check out what Klavs does when he's not drawing gorgeous Wing Commander ships. During the day, he helps design and promote real aircraft for Van's. Since it's a small company, everyone there wears many hats. As a fellow aerospace worker, I can very much appreciate the difficulty of having to transition from artist to designer to salesman in an instant. If you're in the market for a light high tech personal airplane, they offer both great factory built models and kit airplanes. Check them out at Van's Aircraft.

--
Original update published on July 2, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for coming by, guys!

Additionally, if any wingnuts are in the Portland area and want to swing by for a factory tour, odds are pretty good I can swing you a demo flight, also!

Thanks again for coming by, guys!

Additionally, if any wingnuts are in the Portland area and want to swing by for a factory tour, odds are pretty good I can swing you a demo flight, also!

I'll have to keep you in mind! I just moved to Seattle last month and my girlfriend was just in Portland this weekend with her friends!

Also, we'll be up at the Arlington, WA airshow the weekend of July 10-13. I'll be working there on Saturday if anybody wants to swing by and say hello!

I included the section picture there to show how advanced personal aircraft are these days! You no longer have to choose that old Cessna covered in dials and gauges like in classic Microsoft Flight Sim! And we're still super impressed how many different things everyone in a small company has to know!

Back