Stuck in Mission "Search for a Strike"

R

Rabenrecht

Greetings!

I'm a bit stuck in the Mission "Search for a Strike" (4th mission form Ep1). Right from the start there is a huge armada of Talons, 2 Sabres and some of these freighters? gunboats?
Now, shooting them down is not the problem. The problem is that halfway through the battle I am always the last remaining fighter. Command then aborts the mission (read: game over).

I have to say this frustrates me quite a bit.
First, there is the tone of the debriefing: I am made responsible for everthing. This is just unfair. Space combat in Standoff is so chaotic that I cant do a damn thing preventing my wingmates getting their asses handed to them. It just happens. Espescially if you constanly face odds like 3:1 or 4:1 (I also doubt that these guys are pirates. Piracy just doesnt work that way.) Command needs a reality check here.

This is also pretty much my second point: this mission is more or less a no-win scenario. I just cant do a thing to prevent my wingmates getting blown to space dust. I cant tell them to leave the area or to land on the destroyer.

Is there any trick to win this mission?
How many fighters have to survive?

Oh, Im also a bit confused.
As yet this was my mission tree: Nexus Sweep -> Jump Point Run -> Jump Point Defense -> Search for a Strike.
But according to the following diagram this isnt possible: http://www.crius.net/zone/attachment.php?attachmentid=4960&d=1299464812
From Jump Point Run I should have advanced to Finding the Rock. Whats going on there?

What difficulty level are you using? Increasing it, will actually improve your friendly AI thus increasing their chance of survival.

As yet this was my mission tree: Nexus Sweep -> Jump Point Run -> Jump Point Defense -> Search for a Strike.
But according to the following diagram this isnt possible: http://www.crius.net/zone/attachment.php?attachmentid=4960&d=1299464812
From Jump Point Run I should have advanced to Finding the Rock. Whats going on there?
That diagram fails to take into account that if you lose too many Stilettos in Jump Point Run, you're shifted to the 'losing track' mission Jump Point Defence.

Back