Strategies

Death's Head said:
If we knew how long ago the survivors of Ana Maria Alberghetti touched the dead cap ship debris, that would help much, we don't even know that the two survivors originally touched the debris or it spread from other people who touched it. It could have spread through person-to-person or it could even be airborne for all we know!
It could have legs, moving around the decs, croling through your ears and eating you from inside....

How did the people from the Alberghetti even get the disease. In the cutscene we've seen two or so cruisers jump in right next to her, so they should have just destroyed it. Did the aliens land on her or something? Did the people from her go to a dead alien capship? If so, why would they do that?

DH, one of the rescued peopole was a doctor, so he could have goten it either from one of the patients, or he could have been send to the alien capship in case someone would needs med care.

Quarto said:
Uh... who said the "disease" was designed to keep poeople from taking over the dead ships? If you die, your body is also going to start decaying; is that also to keep people from taking over your corpse?
wink.gif

The disease doesn't necisarly have to destroy the ship. What if the bugs can pick up the hull of the ship, and get it to sail in space again after a short repair work? And the disease is there just to keep anyone from taking over the thing, and stealing whatever there could be on board. I doubt it's actualy to destroy it. Why wouldn't they just use an auto destruct mechanism?

The bacteria/disease is probably not an alien weapon, but simply a part of their eco-system. A part that other organisms do not know how to deal with.

Of course it's probably not a weapon. What good would a weapon do if it's only present after your ship is dead?

By the way, I don't think anybody would willingly touch Nephilem junk knowing about the "iron-maiden" treatment. In SO, people didn't know about the disease yet.

Who knows what a pirate who wants some new tech, or some obsesed intel guy would do to get his hands on some of those Nephilim artifacts.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited March 07, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the people from the Alberghetti even get the disease. In the cutscene we've seen two or so cruisers jump in right next to her, so they should have just destroyed it. Did the aliens land on her or something? Did the people from her go to a dead alien capship? If so, why would they do that?
Hmm... I might be wrong in that case. It could very well be a weapon... or it could be both.

DH, one of the rescued peopole was a doctor, so he could have goten it either from one of the patients, or he could have been send to the alien capship in case someone would needs med care.
To the alien capship? I seriously doubt that the doctor would be willing to even look at a bug. Besides, he'd be pretty useless.

Quarto said:
To the alien capship? I seriously doubt that the doctor would be willing to even look at a bug. Besides, he'd be pretty useless.

No, if someone from the crew send to the capship gets hurt.

Didn't you see ST in TV? In most of the orignal series Dr. McCoy is always sent on a planet or a ship.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Unless Maria in the 2681 era, the docor is a she.
smile.gif

Why deystroy your ship when it's crew is dead, well that's a controversial issue. You see if the crew is dead, the ship might as well be. Some people call a ship's crew it's soul.

Ship captains(human of course) will likely make damned sure his ships won't fall into enemy hands, even if he makes his crew abandon, that is if any is left
smile.gif
, he will sometimes go down with his ship.

This might not make much sense to us, well it does to me, but that is how it worked often in WWII. Naturally Admirals aren't the true captain-they command fleets of ships, they won't go down if they can help it. *cough*ego?*cough*

The doctor probably got it from someone in the ship's store selling the debris who came saying "doc I got a rash". I wonder how the boy got it. I think the disease is just that nasty that it spread.

"I don't think you understand. I will rule this sector or see it burn to ashes around me!"... Sorry. Wrong game
smile.gif
. What I meant to say is:
I don't think you understand, Earthworm. The disease *could* be a bug weapon, but far more likely, it is simply a natural process in which the alien ship decomposes due to the bacteria that live onboard (no environment is ever truly sterile). Humans might just be unlucky in that this bacteria/disease is capable of killing them. Take the example of the American Indians. When the Europeans showed up, the American Indians started dropping like flies because of European diseases to which their system couldn't react properly. As far as the Europeans were concerned, these diseases were just irritating fevers and such. What I'm saying, is that this disease that's so deadly to Humans could simply be the Nephilem equivalent of a cold.

Didn't you see ST in TV?
No, I managed to avoid that ordeal, thank you very much
smile.gif
. I've only watched two ST movies, and that was because we were forced to watch them by our teacher.

Oh yeah? I wonder why.

A good point Q. Kinda like the stockpiled smallpocs weapons we have here and in Russia. Most people living never needed the vaccine and we sure as hell don't have enough to go around for even one warhead. One would likely spread the disease too quickly anyway.

The US and Russia have bioweapons that carry a disease the UN officially eradicated in the Earth's population. One of the warheads would be enough to spread it all over the world again, given most people alive aren't immune to it. And vaccines are in very very short supply.

If I remember well, one of the alien fighters smashed through a glass dome (or something like that) into the Alberghetti.

If it isn't like that, it's written in the Online Fiction of SO.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Quarto said:
No, I managed to avoid that ordeal, thank you very much
smile.gif
. I've only watched two ST movies, and that was because we were forced to watch them by our teacher.

Hm, though ST series usualy suck, most of the movies were quite good. Wich ones did you see?

klaus said:
If I remember well, one of the alien fighters smashed through a glass dome (or something like that) into the Alberghetti.

If it isn't like that, it's written in the Online Fiction of SO.

Yeah, I think you're right.

Wait a sec, wasn't the Civ. Cruiser in the SO fiction a different one than in the game? IIRC there were more than two survivors on the one in the fictioni, and there were only two in SO.

I didn't like The Search for Spock, but IMO The Wrath of Khan was prety good. The best ST movies, IMO are The Journey Home, and First Contact.

<Shrug> I'll stick with WC. There may only be one WC movie, but at least it doesn't use cheap tricks to resurrect characters. Quite the opposite... it permanently erases them
wink.gif

Hey, people!

Re-read WCSO fiction again! It was Blue Horizon, also cruise liner, not A-M Albeghetti! Like a Twilight Purchase she was owned by Guinterin Combine (travel company or something). 2681.063 Blue Horizon was destroyed in Morfeus system. TCS FF-23 Belliard was recovered 112 survived people... and You all know what was become later.

------------------
Mikhail "Black Joker" Babloyan

Wing Commander in Russia

Actually, we're really talking about both, but we're too lazy to remember what came from where
smile.gif

The Anna Maria Albarghetti was the one that we recovered two survivors from; remember, when Zero flew the shuttle?
The Blue Horizon was the one that was destroyed in Morpheus, and that we had nothing to do with. It was also the one where the survivors actually gave a statement about the events.

Back