Stingrays

Death's Head said:
What is it with this limitations thing, am I one of the few who can use a camera without it crashing the game??
smile.gif

GO to the game switch invulnerable on momentarily, catch a cluster, zoom in and wait for it to fire. WTF is the problem? I would do it if I wasn't multitasking already.

WTF is the problem? Perhaps you should wait till I reply before saying this stuff. I didn't say anything about the game crashing DH.
wink.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha. Please don't tell me that you didn't understand what I meant by engine limitations.
smile.gif

By engine limitations I mean that you can't show all of the things that you'd want to because the game engine can't handle them, or it would cause massive slowdowns.
The Official Prophecy guide tells us how it should be, besides, looking at the Stingray cluster won't help because the Plasma fires to fast, and you can't realy see where it's coming from.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited March 05, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Death's Head said:
Thanks fireball, I'll have a looksy.

What is it with this limitations thing, am I one of the few who can use a camera without it crashing the game??
smile.gif

GO to the game switch invulnerable on momentarily, catch a cluster, zoom in and wait for it to fire. WTF is the problem? I would do it if I wasn't multitasking already.

I sent it a few mins ago. you should have it by now.

I can take pics without crashing
smile.gif

Why switch Invul on? I just use F6, let my ship fly off into nowhere while I go watch the behaviors of some other bugs ships
cool.gif

------------------

Personal opinion on the bug plasma: It doesnt really matter. The thing's so freakin big you can't give a point of origin, although the first time I went up against clustered stingrays (head on of course!!) those blasts sure seemed to come out the center area...

Chernikov said:
those blasts sure seemed to come out the center area...

Technicly it does come from the middle. Because the six light Plasma guns are in the middle of the clustered ship, so of course it looks that way.
smile.gif

Earthworm said:
WTF is the problem? Perhaps you should wait till I reply before saying this stuff. I didn't say anything about the game crashing DH.
wink.gif

No, you just said the game engine couldn't handle it, which usually results in teh game crashing back to the desktop when the engine is over loaded. Try making an infinite split swarmer missle and fire one, you'll see what I mean.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Please don't tell me that you didn't understand what I meant by engine limitations.
smile.gif

By engine limitations I mean that you can't show all of the things that you'd want to because the game engine can't handle them, or it would cause massive slowdowns.
The Official Prophecy guide tells us how it should be, besides, looking at the Stingray cluster won't help because the Plasma fires to fast, and you can't realy see where it's coming from.
[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited March 05, 2000).]

"The Official WCP guide," HA! People do make mistakes, EW, including you. Yours (and mine BTW) is but an opinion, and as you said yourself, because of the game limitations, you can't really see where it originates from, so how can you be so sure that the OGtWCP is correct?

------------------

Earthworm said:
No, you just said the game engine couldn't handle it, which usually results in teh game crashing back to the desktop when the engine is over loaded. Try making an infinite split swarmer missle and fire one, you'll see what I mean.

Um, no. I said the engine can't handle it, meaning that if they put it into the game it could/will crash, so they don't put it into the game. If I said the game crashes, I would mean that the game crashes.
smile.gif

"The Official WCP guide," HA! People do make mistakes, EW, including you. Yours (and mine BTW) is but an opinion, and as you said yourself, because of the game limitations, you can't really see where it originates from, so how can you be so sure that the OGtWCP is correct?

Ha ha, yes it is my opinion, which happens to be suported by an official source. Gues which one is right. So what if you the people that made the guide can't see it? It's their job to make that up, they don't base that on what it looks like in the game.

Because the Prophecy Official guide is canon, and if it says that, than that's how it is in the WC universe.

Back