Stingrays

Earthworm said:
Um, so?
biggrin.gif

They fit in more than, say, Morays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Joker said:
It's VERY boring readind that off-topic scrap...
frown.gif

Back to the subj, please.

Oh, yes lets talk about how Stingrays work. I think that they have some kind of a power plant that's connected to an engine. The Nephilim pilots have some kinds of controling devices, or maybe they fly it telepathicly? So those ships have pilots, and they fly those fighters. So that's how Stingrays work.
smile.gif

Raider said:
They fit in more than, say, Morays.

Fit in what? Just because they're both ships that can cluster doesen't mean it's very easy for someone to confuse the two. The Ray is also clustered with the Remoras, don't see anyone mistaking that one.
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited March 02, 2000).]

Earthworm said:
Of course we can't [play nice]. It's your job to fix that.
smile.gif

Maybe I'm just a bit prickly tonight, but that quote rankles me more than a little.

The job of moderators and administrators is to keep the discussion flowing, which generally refers to stomping flames.

We're not here to babysit your every move on this CZ, not here to play counselor (though sometimes that's a side-effect of the tasks I mentioned above), or to try to make everyone be Barney-type nice to each other.

I can think of a bunch of other things I'd rather do than listen to the BULLSH*T because people think that because this place isn't like a face-to-face conversation, that they can be as big a flaming d*ckhead as they want, when, in the case of this chatzone, that is clearly a privilege reserved for CZ administrators.

When you (general "you") signed up for this CZ, you agreed to a set of rules which included 'play nice with each other.' IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW THAT SIMPLE RULE YOU WILL GET TOSSED OUT ON YOUR F*CKING EAR WITHOUT ANY QUALMS ON THE PART OF THE CZ STAFF.

This concludes my rant for the night.

<Cartman>Screw this! I'm going home.</Cartman>

(I don't care if the quote is accurate or not. Shut up.)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited March 02, 2000).]

Earthworm said:
Fit in what? Just because they're both ships that can cluster doesen't mean it's very easy for someone to confuse the two. The Ray is also clustered with the Remoras, don't see anyone mistaking that one.
smile.gif

The Remoras are never connected to the Ray, so they're different.

Thanks Death.

Remoras are not connected, physically, that is, they are free flying. They are, indeed fed by the Node, which uses them as turrets.

The Stingrays can join and separate at will, the Skates, however are either joined or not. If they are joined, they don't separate until the cluster's payload is delivered. If one of the Skates is deystroyed before the cluster separates, the other two will break up into individual Skates.

------------------
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.
A turret is essential; it gives you something else to shoot with.

Is the payload on the Skates the big tube in the middle that disappears when the ship splits? I've always wondering about that, because the individual ships are 'U' shaped kinda, but when they're clustered, it looks like each ship is in a 'W' shape.

------------------

Death said:
Maybe I'm just a bit prickly tonight, but that quote rankles me more than a little.

The job of moderators and administrators is to keep the discussion flowing, which generally refers to stomping flames.

Um, perhaps you didn't notice I wasn't actualy being serious Death?
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Death's Head said:
Thanks Death.

Remoras are not connected, physically, that is, they are free flying. They are, indeed fed by the Node, which uses them as turrets.

Fed by the Node? Their not connected, I know that, but they are clustered together, and IMO, that's one of the best things the bugs have.

The Stingrays can join and separate at will, the Skates, however are either joined or not. If they are joined, they don't separate until the cluster's payload is delivered. If one of the Skates is deystroyed before the cluster separates, the other two will break up into individual Skates.

Actualy the Skate cluster seperates when the *thingy* between the ships that carries the loadout, is destroyed, though sometimes one of the Skates will be destroyed at the same time.

Earthworm said:

No, their not connected, but the Ray and Remoras are clustered together.

They're a different kind of cluster. The Skates and Stingrays cluster in the same way.

Raider said:
They're a different kind of cluster. The Skates and Stingrays cluster in the same way.

So what? The point is all those ships cluster. If talking about mistaking the ships, don't bring the clustering ability as an argument.

The Remoras and Rays never split until the Ray is destroyed. The Stingrays and Skates can split whenever.

As Earthworm pointed out, and I was mildly surprised he did,
smile.gif
The payload (rack?)must either be deystroyed or used. Skates will not separate at will. Stingrays can join and separate over and over until their hearts' content.

The Node feeds power, navigational data to the Remoras. As long as the Node is intact, the Remoras are guided by it. It is my theory that the Remoras are sheilded by the Node and are invulnerable until severed. After that, they can fire their maser, but are neither sheilded nor armored.

Death's Head said:
As Earthworm pointed out, and I was mildly surprised he did,
smile.gif
The payload (rack?)must either be deystroyed or used. Skates will not separate at will. Stingrays can join and separate over and over until their hearts' content.

Surprised?

The Node feeds power, navigational data to the Remoras. As long as the Node is intact, the Remoras are guided by it. It is my theory that the Remoras are sheilded by the Node and are invulnerable until severed. After that, they can fire their maser, but are neither sheilded nor armored.

I know it supplies the power to the Remoras, but where did you get the navigational data stuff?

That isn't a theory, but a fact, the Remoras are under Rays shields, and can't be individualy targeted and destroyed untill the Ray is destroyed. They can also fire their Burst Maser any time they want to, think of them as flying turrets, oh, and they do have armor, 8 cm of it
smile.gif
. And for those of you who don't know, the Nephilim aren't that suicidal, the Remoras are unpiloted drones.
tongue.gif

That bulky thing the skate cluster carries is just a big torpedo, isn't it?
smile.gif
tongue.gif
:+D

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited March 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited March 03, 2000).]

klaus said:
That bulky thing the skate cluster carries is just a big torpedo, isn't it?
smile.gif
tongue.gif
:+D

Nope, since there are 3 types of Skate clusters IIRC, the bulky thingy carries different things for all of them. The torpedo, or the Mines, or decoys on one of them are *inside* that bulky thingy.

It's not armor, it's the core value. the things generate there own power for propulsion and firing the burst maser.

I know you can't target them individually before the node blows-but when the sheilds are down on the node, what is sheilding the Remoras?? It's probably a bug or something. The turrets on fighters don't seem to be damagable until they are on their own like liberated Remoras. That is what I meant by invulnerable.

The Skate clusters carry one of the following at any time; a mine cluster, a poseidon, or an alien bomb. I don't have my stats handy to verify this, so they only carry one of those missiles as far as I know.

I wish we had the null-g bomblets.

Earthworm said:

Nope, since there are 3 types of Skate clusters IIRC, the bulky thingy carries different things for all of them. The torpedo, or the Mines, or decoys on one of them are *inside* that bulky thingy.

There are three classes. Class T is Torpedo Bomber. Class B is Anti-Bomber/Interceptor. And Class M is Mine Layer.

Back