Stingrays

Anagram

Spaceman
How do the Stingrays work? I know that they fire at you, and that they have no decoys, but how does their super plasma weapon work?

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

------------------
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot, over! -Spyder

Last edited by a moderator:
The three Stingrays cluster together, and their six Plasma guns (two on each) must connect somehow, and it changes into one heavy Plasma gun.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

The devastator's plasma runs from one end of the ship to the other and the refire is more than three times slower. The range is only 3000 compared to 8000.

So in theory, the bug plasma is the better gun-although it takes 3 nearly defenseless ships to make one.

Silent Warrior said:
But their wussy thing only smacks you for 200 in damage. The Devastator's Big Gun goes at 600, I think. The SLAMMER!

Devastators Plasma does 480 or so damage in prophecy, and 600 in SO. However, the Devs Plasma has a shorter range, and slowere refire rate. Overall, the Plasma on the clustered Stingrays is better.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Death's Head said:
So in theory, the bug plasma is the better gun-although it takes 3 nearly defenseless ships to make one.

Yeah, they are under-armed, but it's so easy to kill them mostly because of their AI. Imagine how cool it would be in the next game to fly a heavy bomber on a mission, and when you deliver you torp load your bomber unclusters into couple lighter fighters and you can kill some more fighters. I've never seen clustering ships in any other space sims, and IMO it was one of the best things about the bugs. Hopefully in the next game their AI will be better so they can make use of their superior technology.

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 28, 2000).]

The rear turret on the Skate C's that always shoots me (never shoots me down though
biggrin.gif
). Ticks me off when I'm trying to send an Imrec up their but and blow at least two of them up, and that goofy thing's shooting at me while I'm trying to get a lock
biggrin.gif

------------------

Fireball SC said:
The rear turret on the Skate C's that always shoots me (never shoots me down though
biggrin.gif
). Ticks me off when I'm trying to send an Imrec up their but and blow at least two of them up, and that goofy thing's shooting at me while I'm trying to get a lock
biggrin.gif

But since were're talking about Stingrays, you should say that you're talking about the Skates.

Raider, what for? It won't be the original game anymore.

------------------
Gen. Patton

originally from earthworm
what for? It won't be the original game anymore

Because he can.
smile.gif
If editing a ship by his choice is fun for him, more power to him.

Personally I think it's fun to play with different types of turrets, adding a booster to use in the sim, the options are endless.

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited February 29, 2000).]

Go death's head. Tweaking is what it's all about, although for the best experience you should have gone through on the Nightmare mode at least once. Once you've got that done, break out the editors...

try this one... no shields on ANYBODY.

GO ME!

although for the best experience you should have gone through on the Nightmare mode at least once. Once you've got that done, break out the editors...

Which is precisly what I did. Some people say oh yeah, Nightmare, no problem. Well I guess some people die or fail a mission at least once in the entire campaign. That's the way it should be, why else call it nightmare in the first place??

Because it sounds good when you say "Prophecy? I finished that game in 3 days on nightmare" to some one whose new to the game
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Earthworm said:
But since were're talking about Stingrays, you should say that you're talking about the Skates.

Raider, what for? It won't be the original game anymore.

You know what I ment, so don't argue it. Anyway, the skates have one too I think. Not sure, its been a LONG time since I've played WCP, as my copy has been loaned to a friend since christmas.

------------------

Fireball SC said:
You know what I ment, so don't argue it.

Wow, do you actualy expect me to obey you?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Anyway, the skates have one too I think. Not sure, its been a LONG time since I've played WCP, as my copy has been loaned to a friend since christmas.

You just said that Skates have a rear turret, and now you're saying that you think the Skates have one?
smile.gif
The only alien fighters with turrets are the clustered Skates, and the Ray/Remora node.

------------------
Gen. Patton

The Kilrathi are not alien? All Vaktoth heavy fighters have turrets.
smile.gif

Beating WCP in three days might say something about the player but it doesn't say a whole lot for the game.

Death's Head said:
The Kilrathi are not alien? All Vaktoth heavy fighters have turrets.
smile.gif

Well seing how we usualy refer to Kilrathi either Kilrathi or Cats, and to Nephilim as Nephilim, bugs or aliens, I thought you'll know what I mean.
biggrin.gif
Obviously I was wrong.
smile.gif

Don't forget that the Gothri, the Pakhtan, Grikath and Jalkehi also have rear turrets.
biggrin.gif

Beating WCP in three days might say something about the player but it doesn't say a whole lot for the game.

Yeah, it'll say that the player has some experience with space sims as oposed to none. Prophecy is supper easy.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 29, 2000).]

Earthworm,

#1, if you are trying to annoy me, its working.

#2, When the Stingray's a clustered, i could have sworn they had a rear turret. If you would quit looking at typos and start reading the damn posts, you might sound a little smarter than you try to.

------------------

Back