Still Haven't Heard Enough Of Khasra! (October 3, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
David Lanzafame got a great response to his WC2 Thrakhath/Emperor voiceover recreation, so he's gone ahead and rerecorded the entire intro. He voices a pretty compelling Blair, and his Khasra effect is an interesting choice. When they originally made Wing Commander 2, could they have possibly imagined people would be doing their own impersonations of Thrakhath's cousin more than twenty-five years later?!

--
Original update published on October 3, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
Khasra the epic basslevel test for your run of the mill $60 early 90's speakers... :D

...I do get linked to the wrong movie clip I think..

not a big fan of khsara but like tolwyn and I loved blair he should do the whole game and put it in the gog version lol

Dont know about you guys, but when I first heard Khasra's voice in "Kilrathi Saga" I hated it....
I didn't. I never really gave it much thought, I guess, but it does seem like a pretty appropriate voice for that character. There was a very subtle thing that needed to be done with the Kilrathi characters - they all represent the evil Empire, but some are eviller than others. I think Khasra really worked from that perspective - the voice made it clear that this is not a typical retainer, and that there is some power behind him. This, I think, becomes all the more significant in retrospect. When WC3 came along, the moment we heard Melek, we understood that no, this time round there will not be any politics involved on the Kilrathi side.

As I've stated on Youtube already, I think this has the potential of becoming an entirely new speech pack for the game. :)

Back