Star Wraith 2 - The WC Rip off for free download

I remember seeing this some time ago but at that time there was only a demo and I wasn't feeling particularly like trying it out. I'm downloading it now...We'll see.

I downloaded it about 20 minutes ago, and i'm moments away from uninstalling it. Its that good.

My gun is nonexistant, my ship can apparently look any direction but forward (in theory, all i can see is upwards). Flying is next to impossible. The sound quality ain't great.

WC this isn't.

No idea how good it is, I have not looked at it. Found it and thought people here might like it.

5 MB for a complete 3D space sim... I think that is pretty much all that has to be said in regards of quality. Yeah - WC1 did it with less, but that times are gone.

You people are pathetic. This thing may be ugly and hard to play, but it's still incredibly impressive - we're talking about something made by one person. And he didn't take five years to do it, either... yet, all you have to say about it is that it's crap? I'd like to see how many of you can do better - I know I sure can't.

Quarto said:
You people are pathetic. This thing may be ugly and hard to play, but it's still incredibly impressive - we're talking about something made by one person. And he didn't take five years to do it, either... yet, all you have to say about it is that it's crap? I'd like to see how many of you can do better - I know I sure can't.

I think what everyone is saying is that it is crap in comparisson to WC, which has been said above. I'm sure the game is a good achievement for one man, but in comparisson to WC it has some big boots to fill, if that was the aim. So I'm sure all will agree that no offence was intended to the game in itself, we're just avid WC players so not much else can live up to our expectations:D

cff said:
5 MB for a complete 3D space sim... I think that is pretty much all that has to be said in regards of quality. Yeah - WC1 did it with less, but that times are gone.

Wing Commander 1 and 2 were both probably less than or close to 5MB...but yeah, this isn't really a complete game. It's impressive for one man's effort but I'd say Starshatter is a better example. It'd be fine if someone wanted to use it for a mod or something with a real story.

All right, I downloaded it and played some instant action missions. The game is interesting, and it's incredible for just 5 MB.

Really...9MB for WC1? I remember the game being on 3 floppy discs...I suppose compression made some difference but didn't expect it to be quite that much.

It took up most of my HD at that time. 286 / EGA, that's wanting to play WC2. It did had an interesting feel to it, however. Fewer colors and pre-WC3 interlaced graphics were exclusive to this version.

Maj.Striker said:
Really...9MB for WC1? I remember the game being on 3 floppy discs...I suppose compression made some difference but didn't expect it to be quite that much.

Five disks, with the Secret Missions.

Back