Star Wolves

Telkanes

Spaceman
Hi!,

Dont know if anyone else has played this game but after checking out the WC news about Space rangers I poked about a bit and found Star wolves, seems really different with a nice personalised mothership (ala homeworld) but only carries a few fighters! :)

There is a Demo about (just type in Star wolves demo in Google) anyone else think its pretty sweet? :)

-Telk

Man, when you said "Space Rangers", I thought you were talking about that sci-fi show from the early 1990s. I've got some fond memories of it (I was in 2nd grade at the time), although if I watched it again, I'd probably think it was crap. We thought that was the coolest show ever...

Jacob said:
Man, when you said "Space Rangers", I thought you were talking about that sci-fi show from the early 1990s. I've got some fond memories of it (I was in 2nd grade at the time), although if I watched it again, I'd probably think it was crap. We thought that was the coolest show ever...

I don't think there was any Space Rangers show then. I think the title was moer like Galaxy Rangers... space sherriffs and cowboys etc.

And while we're talking about Rangers, does anyone know of a 1993/4 era space sim name Star Rangers? Some store is selling it for just a dollar.

Star Rangers got a lot of advertisement in some of the same channels as the Wing Commander games back in the mid nineties. The game came out in 1995 between WC3 and WC4.

TheFraix said:
I don't think there was any Space Rangers show then. I think the title was moer like Galaxy Rangers... space sherriffs and cowboys etc.

Space Rangers was a short-lived TV series on CBS, of which only 6 stand-alone episodes were made, and 4 of them shown in the US (overseas eventually got to see all 6), though officially canceled after only one episode was aired.

It's available on DVD now, but only for Region 2 folks (Europe, Japan, S. Africa, and Middle East) so those without multi-region DVD players are left hanging.

Back