Star Wars

Hey I was on the SWRPG.net and I found something on a post and I aked the person to confirm it, they sent me an E-Mail. It didn't come from GL himself but it is pretty damn high up in LF. The person that sent it to me is the "LOAF" of the forums there, and is pretty well imformed.

"I can certainly provide proof for you, Black Jack.

The following is a quote from Sue Rostoni, Chief Editor and Public Relations
Manager at LucasFilm Licensing:

"Things that Lucas Licensing does not consider official parts of the
continuous Star Wars history show an Inifiinities logo or are contained in
Star Wars Tales. Everything else is considered canon."-Sue Rostoni, Star
Wars Gamer #6

Bam. Besides Rick McCallum, and George Lucas himself, Sue is without a doubt
the most authoritative voice for LFL. And if you'd like further evidence
that GL considers the EU official, just look to the prequels:

-Coruscant was created by Timothy Zahn, not George Lucas.
-Aayla Secura was implemented in both Episode II and upcoming Episode III.
She's been a longtime EU character.
-We've been promised an additional EU character for Episode III.
-George Lucas helped the creative team of the NJO decide the direction of
the main characters (i.e. Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando, etc.)
-George Lucas helped plan the timeline of the ongoing Clone Wars Series of
novels.

Now, if anyone ever doubts that EU is canon. Just show them Sue's quote. If
they still refuse to accept it, then they're just in denial. Plain and
simple. ;)

Sincerely,
Drew "Nova Spice" White"

There is quote on the official Star Wars website somewhere as to the 'official-ness' of the EU. Due to a wired problem with my network that prohibits me from accessing starwars.com, I am unable to produce it. What it basically says it that all thing bearing the Star Wars name should be considered windows into the Star Wars universe, though some windows are 'foggier' than others. The only true definitive look into the Star Wars universe is offered by the movies. That invites me to think that a lot of the EU is open to interpretation, which is a good thing, because a lot of it is really, really stupid.

Edit: I dont mean to suggest that the characters and events depicted in EU sources simply never existed, just that they didnt necessarily exist as depicted.

That quote I got put alot of my fears to rest, but it would still be nice for GL to just come out and say "The Expanded Universe is Canon." This will work since the lady that said that is in charge of PR for LF. I guess GL just needs plausible deniablilty if he ever cracks down and do the last trilogy he had planned (or wanted to do at one point).

Back