Star wars Rebels Review/Recap thread (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

Heh, Tie Fighter was still the best fascist politics simulator on the PC. Love that game.
TIE Fighter CD is the next game on my classic gaming hitlist. Walking up Imperial Pursuit on X-Wing currently. So far so good. I have been shot down twice (damn gunboats) but through the luck of Sivar I was rescued both times.

And it's TIE Fighter not Tie Fighter. The latter gives me visions of guys wearing business suits in a side-scrolling arcade beat-em-up. :confused:

The Marg Sabl is within canon, why not bring in the guy that actually used it? Thrawn was a brilliant tactician, with a total lack of ego. (If you can name what I just quoted, good oI n you) I think Thrawn is great outside of his original trilogy. His character was also fleshed out in Outbound Flight. Can't really say that his portrayal in the Hand of Thrawn saga was that great, but anyone that's read that duology knows why.

My main complaint about Thrawn was when they really went overboard with him near the end of the Legends period and made it seem like the pre-Endor GCW Imperial military couldn't do anything right without him being involved somehow.

By the end the early campaigns of Death Squadron were based on a strategy Thrawn developed. The Ambush at Derra IV which was a major defeat for the rebellion happened because Thrawn figured out where the rebel convoy would be. Oh and did I mention that the reason the probe droid barrage that fond Echo Base was launched was because Thrawn figured out what region of the galaxy the rebel base was in and what the climate of the planet it was on was like?

Indeed. I'd be fine with them introducing him as the "bare-bones" Thrawn that we know from the Thrawn Trilogy and Outbound Flight. At least then, the reason for the Imperial "lack of coordination" was due to the absence of the Emperor's battle meditation (which is more fleshed out in another favorite of mine, "Tales of the Jedi").

Space whale! Still totally filler, but a solid script with a touching ending. Rebels is moving forward, but it's doing it in such odd drips and drabs (we've now conclusively established that Ezra has a magic connection with animals? Did we need to do that? Maybe!)

The angry nerd in me was pretty furious with the sheer laziness of the animators, not providing... you know, space suits for all the characters who had to jump through an asteroid and ride around on whales. Especially with a high profile line in Force Awakens recently having established that those helmets just filter air. So you end up with the most ridiculous thing in a scene of Ezra riding a whale through space being the fact that he's STILL WEARING HIS SAME CLOTHES. :) But then I remembered the whole Kenner aesthetic... and, duh, that's exactly how you'd play with your Star Wars toys in 1983... you wouldn't buy new toys, you'd give them helmets so they could breathe in space :)

Also have a theory for the inevitable end-of-season dodge: watch the titular apprentice in "Twilight of the Apprentice" end up being Darth Maul instead of the long-prayed-for Vader/Ahsoka final duel.

Yeah these filler episodes are starting to get to me. But I enjoyed the last one just because I know how much you like space whales Loaf. You silly dude! Lol.

sorry long time no post. I have been working like crazy at my new job, but I finally got caught up on all the episodes, 5 in all including tonight. I will do a brief recap before I talk about tonight's episode which I LOVED FYI.

Where I started this morning was where zeb met the rest of his people and lead them to their new planet. I actually enjoyed this episode a lot which is nice bc zeb is one of my least favorite characters in the show. A little bit of a filler episode but it still was nice. next episode I believe was the space whales which was a rip off of star trek voyage home, but was not filler thanks to tonight's episode, bc it drives home the fact that ezra most powerful force ability might be his ability to communicate with animals. Then we had the episode with hera and her dad, who I know is featured heavily in the book lords of the sith, (I have not had a chance to start reading it yet however), but did not really like this episode. it seems the rebels can take any ship anytime they want and it just really didnt work for me at all. Then the episode that featured zeb and kallus on the planet, I liked this one a lot, once again pushing zeb to have some more character depth and giving more dimensions to kallus instead of him just being a one note bad guy, (I believe Kallus will be a rebel spy or a straight up imperial traitor by season 3). Really liked this one.

Now to the newest episode Shrouds of darkness. wow we got a lot of story progression in 22 minutes, lets see the inquisitors keep tracking down the rebels; I think bc they implanted a tracking device on chopper. ezra talks to yoda, and yoda talks about malachor which im guessing brings knights of the old republic back into canon? Kanan officially becomes a jedi, and the one who knights him is none other than the grand inquisitor, and finally ahsoka has a vision of anakin and his transformation into darth vader; so she knows know for sure that they are one and the same, even though im sure she knew it all along deep down inside. All in all I think this was a perfect episode 10/10 I loved it.

final thoughts are I think season 2 is a little long and I rather have 12 episodes an hour long each where the story can be more precise than trying to stretch it out to like 20 or 22 episodes a season at 22 minutes. or have more two part episodes and not just at the start or the end of the season.

what did yall think and who from the rebels is the first to bite the dust, my money is on either chopper or zeb.

Kanan. He's clearly in the mentor role and we all know that in Star Wars if any main character dies the mentor is the first to go. QuiGon in the PT, ObiWan in the OT and we all know who in TFA need I say more?

for rebel fans this episode of jedi council fts the voice actors of kanan, the emperor and darth maul. it is a great watch

Does the season one blu ray include the "Spark of the Rebellion"? I thought they released this episode before they released the seasons so I want to know if it is also included with the season or needs to be purchased separately.

It does! The complete first season has the movie and the series of four shorts they aired before the show started.

Wow! Epic trailer for the new season. At this point i bet Zahn is flattered they decided to use Thrawn. I'm blown away by it since this is the first sign of good faith Disney has shown to the EU since the purchase.

According to that link, Zahn is writing a Star Wars novel titled "Thrawn", so who knows what all he may be allowed to bring back.

Woah! Really cool
hqdefault.jpg

Indeed!

Back