Star Citizen slow performance.....?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Youngblood, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Whistler

Whistler Commodore

It'll be worth the wait. The reason I couldn't wait was there were so many other games I wanted at other than SC that my old system just couldn't handle well. If SC is the primary goal you have lots of time for them to implement optimizations and fixes still being an Alpha product. I can't imagine SQ42 working well fresh out the gate so by the time you're ready the game will be much more smooth and content rich.

There's always room for Wingnuts. Smoking section on the wings. :cool:

Lilja likes this.
  2. Whiplash

Whiplash 1st Lieutenant

Squadron 42 is the next Wing Commander, the 21st century AAA Chris Roberts game. I doubt Chris will be happy if it doesn't work well out of the gate...

3. Whistler

Whistler Commodore

Of course, but as Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology dictates (and personal experience), "There is always one more bug."

[​IMG]

4. Whiplash

Whiplash 1st Lieutenant

Sure, we'll probably find bugs the QA folks miss. However, SQ42 needs to be considerably more polished at release than the current alpha builds. There's "Oh look, here's a little clipping" bugs, and game breaking Arkham Knight disaster level bugs. CIG simply cannot afford the latter, given how uneasy some folks already are with the gestation time of the game to date.

Hence, I reckon they will test until CR is completely satisfied before this game goes out the door.

The Star Citizen PU is different of course, because it grows over time and is constantly being added to. But they really need for SQ42 to impress, and impress right from the get go.