Standoff splashes as wallpapers!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Due to popular demand (*cough, Wedge, cough*), I'm releasing all of Standoff's splash screens as wallpapers... that is to say, without the text which was overlayed on them in Standoff. They are fairly low res (1024x768) since that was the highest resolution Standoff supported until Ep 4... but I even included some bonus screens for good measure. Click the thumbnails for the full versions, which are around 1MB to 2MB each.

*Takes a good, long look at the gorgeous Rigakh wallpaper* :D

I was just wondering... How many vital components does this thing have? 6? 7?

Less than that, though I don't remember how many exactly. The Rigakh has become something of a legend by virtue of being the best-looking WC2 capship and the one that nobody ever had a chance to take on... but ultimately it's still just a cruiser.

Thanks! So it means the Fralthra is still harder to take down, I guess. Still, I'm very much looking forward to meeting a Rigakh.

Something about the angle on that Rigakh is really nice. Conveys motion or something, almost like the swooping of the Hha'ifra in the WC2 cutscenes. Engine flare is good, and I like the idea that it might be shooting a giant cannon out the front, though I suppose that it's actually taking a hit to the bow there.

I like the idea that it might be shooting a giant cannon out the front, though I suppose that it's actually taking a hit to the bow there.
Yep, the idea was a turret exploding from a missile hit.

Also, I seem to be the only person who prefers #4 and #5. :p

Back