Standoff Sequel and character promotions?

Think after the episodes maybe release some more for us like prequel or some such sequel. And we need promotions. Seqeul add things like selecting the mission we will do.

I don't think you quite appreciate how much work this is - we do this in our spare time, remember? I haven't had a life since UE started... so really, I'm not at the moment thinking about sequels or prequels to Standoff.

But I hope Capt. Bradshwa will get promoted at some time. I expected that already that at the end of Episode 1.
But I am certainly spoiled by WC1 - promotions during peace time aren't that often. It would have been a nice present for Bradshaw though. :)

Bradshaw is a stereotyped film noir main character - we can't let good things happen to him. ;)

Quarto said:
I don't think you quite appreciate how much work this is - we do this in our spare time, remember? I haven't had a life since UE started... so really, I'm not at the moment thinking about sequels or prequels to Standoff.

But Q...dont you live for that? Why do you want a life anyway?

Seriously, however. :rolleyes:
Sorry to brake it to you, but mods arent product of magic, they are created with much hard work.
You should appreciate what you received (for free I might add), and dont bug the people that sacrificed their spare time doing it.

Also note that Standoff will most likely be the last mod for the Vision engine in any case. I think pretty much all modders agree on this...

KillerWave said:
But Q...dont you live for that? Why do you want a life anyway?
I... don't know. It's just that... people keep telling me that it's good to have a life.

Of course, it's been so long since I had one, that I don't remember, and I have to take their word for it.

cff said:
Also note that Standoff will most likely be the last mod for the Vision engine in any case. I think pretty much all modders agree on this...
Not all modders... for my part I am pretty much excited with the new modifications we've been able to come up with for the Vision engine, and how easier it's getting to implement new DLL functions and hacks; some neat things we've been able to implement in the DLL aren't even used (yet) in Standoff.

If nobody's making a Vision mod after Standoff that's too bad; it'll mean my retirement.

A mod is never easy to make, regardless of the engine it'll always take lots of work.

PopsiclePete said:
If nobody's making a Vision mod after Standoff that's too bad; it'll mean my retirement.
Uh, no, we can't let you do that - we'll just have to drag you into whatever we do next. :p

Eder said:
Uh, no, we can't let you do that - we'll just have to drag you into whatever we do next. :p
Nah, sorry, I mean it :p I have absolutely zero interest into modding a non-WC engine.

cff said:

I don't beleave so, what about Red Point(ango)?

Eder said:
Bradshaw is a stereotyped film noir main character - we can't let good things happen to him. ;)

I see and understand. Poor Bradshaw. :) (I hope it's not also a hint to his future love life. A man can suffer only so much. :p)
(Though a promotion can be something that turns from sweet to bitter)

PopsiclePete said:
Nah, sorry, I mean it :p I have absolutely zero interest into modding a non-WC engine.

Well...I do have a small mod idea. Q knows about. I just dont have the time or knowledge (or even patience) to script missions those days. :rolleyes:

Yeah, After Standoff you have Red Point and there might be UE2...i don't know ask one of them.

Unregistered said:
Yeah, After Standoff you have Red Point and there might be UE2...i don't know ask one of them.

UE2 should it ever be made won't be done in the Vision engine however.
Not sure about Red Point. Is it still alive even?

cff said:
UE2 should it ever be made won't be done in the Vision engine however.
Not sure about Red Point. Is it still alive even?
Actually, that's not quite true. We went through this three years ago after UE's release - we wanted to find a better engine, but didn't. I can tell you that I at the moment have no intention of working on UE2... but if I was, I'd definitely be working in Vision. All the other potential engines have a list of disadvantages as long as your arm... meanwhile, the only real disadvantage Vision has is the ageing graphics.

As for Red Point, I would assume that it's on hold at the moment. Tango, due to personal circumstances, doesn't have time to help us with Standoff missions, so it's safe to assume he doesn't have much time for Red Point either. But this situation probably won't last longer than a few months, and I expect he'll get back to both Standoff and Red Point eventually.

Back