Speech pack Remake & Gemini Gold?

D

DuneSoldier

Hi, I've been looking for this for either project for the last couple days. I just installed it on my laptop running Ubuntu but I don't have speech in either project. What's worse is that in Gemini Gold I don't get a text caption when hailing other ships. I've tried playing it at a variety of resolutions to solve the problem and installed timidity.

Is there someplace where I can download these files or is something screwy on my laptop?

I don't know much about the stuff but i guess your machine is the problem.
Both games are delivered in one file. One file may be corrupted, but both of them? this would be strange. It would be even more strange if both corruptions would lead to the same problem...
But may be you should ask this in the Vegastrike forum (for the remake) or the gemini Gold forum. Just google for them...
BTW. I'd go with GG, even if you keep the com problem. In flight com is not so important, or let's say, the information you get there is not so important. And GG is much more a challange than the remake, and for this more fun!

Well if speech is included it's probably a problem with my sound system. Ship to Ship communication works in the remake but not Gemini Gold. I'll try downloading and installing Gemini Gold again when I get a chance.

Thanks for your help.

DuneSoldier

GG & PR both have all (or nearly all) of the sound files for the original Privateer & Righteous Fire games. This includes speech too.

However, there have been problems playing both sound and music together under Linux O/S. As suggested, go to the Vega Strike forums, and do a search/read for your sound problem - it has been answered in several threads. Hopefully, one would work for you.

I doubt it is a problem with your laptop (provided your hardware works for other things).

Thank you, I'll be looking in to it when I get a chance. I look forward towards trying GG.

Back