Something's wrong: Adm. Bergstrom didn't relieve Tolwyn of command

Here's another one of the same guy: http://www.crius.net/zone/postings.php?do=getip&p=131880

(Different IP, but the same city and the same weirdo obsession with this particular WCA episode and incomprehensible text blocks.)

And "Chip" goes back to *2000*. How insane.
Haliwali, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I spent a good fifteen minutes laughing my ass off about Bergstrom, or Burkstrom, or Burgstrom. The Joshua posts are especially great just for the fact that the old timers are still talking about Super Polymers and the infamous Star Adventure 4010. Of course his PenderMillsap posts are pretty hilarious too, with inventing perpetual motion machines that he can't talk about because the government is stalking him.

But it gets downright creepy when you realise that there is actually some balls to the wall batshit crazy person who has been visiting the forums off and on under different names for almost a decade just posting the same wierdo shit over and over again. It get's even *worse* when you learn that he does it to however many battletech boards as well.

In the end though, I can't complain too much, it sure as hell makes for some great reading.

Joshua's Dragon's Droppings thread is even better :p
Nine years pass, world changes around you, but this Chip/Joshua/whatever always returns to post same insane ideas. It's weird, strange for sure but on the other hand maybe, I don't know, encouraging? That no matter what, some things stay constant :)

Is that just some kind of odd coincidence or do we have two strange internet phenomenons here at the same time?
I mean: That Ezri dude and this Joshua guy here who is apparently some sort of... recurring forums nightmare.
Maybe they should meet each other....

Well, I have to go back to work, I guess...

Is that just some kind of odd coincidence or do we have two strange internet phenomenons here at the same time?
I mean: That Ezri dude and this Joshua guy here who is apparently some sort of... recurring forums nightmare.
Maybe they should meet each other....

Well, I have to go back to work, I guess...

I don't know, but we seem to have more then that... that flying dude, Ezri, Joshua, and I think there are one or two others that popped up unexpectedly...

Here's another one of the same guy: http://www.crius.net/zone/postings.php?do=getip&p=131880

(Different IP, but the same city and the same weirdo obsession with this particular WCA episode and incomprehensible text blocks.)

And "Chip" goes back to *2000*. How insane.

Actutally, this what I observed looks like an Asperger syndrom case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Don't give them what they want, and then they will hold a grudge against you, forever and ever, and these people apply their own rights on what is right and what is wrong, regardless of common sense.

Doesn't the 'fake identity' seems to counterindicate Aspergers, though? Suddenly pretending to be a poor young woman who's confused by all of this seems like some natural (if horrifically perverted) understanding of social mechanisms -- of course we'll treat her kindly, she's a little lost girl! and so on.

(Also, aren't Aspergers cases usually smarter than this? This dude is dumber than cat cones -- if you want a fake identity, at least switch your IP address.)

AFAIK many Aspergers actually have a fairly good understanding of these social mechanisms when they have time to analyze a situation. The problems occur mostly when they don't have that time. That's the reason why they act so strangely when having social contacts in their real life. So I think that wouldn't counterindicate Aspergers.

And about that switching IP thing:
I don't think you have to be that dumb to forget to change your IP. People who have experience in administrating forums and/or websites just are used to think about things like that, which is why you don't understand how somebody can forget such a (for you) easy thing.

Doesn't the 'fake identity' seems to counterindicate Aspergers, though?

Oh heck no. You want to know how many times I have to try and get my brother to stop doing something bizarre?

(Also, aren't Aspergers cases usually smarter than this? This dude is dumber than cat cones -- if you want a fake identity, at least switch your IP address.)

Forgetting one aspect of something just happens... maybe the technical knowledge isn't here. It's certainly nothing that invalidates the Aspie hypothesis.

I don't think you have to be that dumb to forget to change your IP. People who have experience in administrating forums and/or websites just are used to think about things like that, which is why you don't understand how somebody can forget such a (for you) easy thing.

He's been banned from about a dozen Battletech forums and told specifically that they caught his IP, though...

The affect on "being smart", is being smart at your level, if an asperger has a technical prowess, h'ell be smart at that. He also might have economic or mathemistic skills.

You should realize that you need just as much system administrators to come up with a tax registration, as you would need bookkeepers to secure a wireless network.

The knowledge of "IP-spoofing", is used as an excuse in common media(overhere politicians use it when trying to explain the alterations on their wikipedia in their advantage and it has been traced back to their office PC, believing that everybody who does read it wouldn't understand that they are lying).

Something aspergers are very, very good at, is finding excuses for their behaviour. This means he knows it is tied to his computer somehow, but not that he knows how it works, what it is used for or how to alter it.

I don't know -- the other guy (Ezri) certainly feels like Aspergers (that obsessive organization of things no one else cares about)... Chip/Joshua/etc. just has a different sense to him -- especially with all the UFO/'remote dreaming' kook material in his early posts, which makes him feel more like a goofy burned out hippie than a kid with a disease.

I don't know, but we seem to have more then that... that flying dude, Ezri, Joshua, and I think there are one or two others that popped up unexpectedly...

I think the Deep Space Nine character and the sexual predator duo certainly acted as a good lead-in to this show for me. But this is where the action's at.

Oh heck no. You want to know how many times I have to try and get my brother to stop doing something bizarre?

I think this is perhaps why he uses the exact same IP address.

I mean, let's forget the aspect of technical knowledge. How the hell do you keep the same IP address for nine years? People move, change companies, and reset their modems in that amount of time. You have to work to keep the same IP over that period of time. If anything this guy has gone out of his way to keep that IP address like some sort of Internet social security number.

It then becomes clear that this is some sort of game. This person has a fixation on going to the same couple places, making the same off-the-wall assertions, using the same I'm-not-who-you-think-I-am identity crises, and then leaving something as obvious as the IP address not only unchanged, but maintained at a near career level dedication.

Whatever it is, it's clearly behavioral, and it's completely intentional. On the bright side... at least his neurotic behavior is being an Internet weirdo, and not a serial rapist/murderer.

"Chip" had a different IP -- but the others are all from (as far as I can tell) the same computer at a public library. There's probably one icked-out librarian somewhere.

I think the Deep Space Nine character and the sexual predator duo certainly acted as a good lead-in to this show for me. But this is where the action's at.

I think the sexual predator duo are ordinary fans who unfortunately have a chunk of their brain missing (the first one was clearly ready to go on about how this was such an interesting thing that we needed to respect).

Ezri is probably completely useless, but I really really want to see how it ends.

Chip/Joshua/etc. actually starts good Wing Commander discussions sometimes -- maybe keep himherit around for that.

How the hell do you keep the same IP address for nine years?
By putting it in your contract? A lot of Small and medium business companies host their mailservers internally, and run the webmail systems on thesame gateway, and as LOAF pointed out, the IP he mentioned (six years old), is now still in active use for a gateway on some US library chain. actually I tried to connect to it and I found a cisco 2xxx/8xx series router behind it prompting me with it's Webinterface(some sloppy admin!).

And except for being a weirdo this guy is not hurting anyone, and neither is this Ezri kid.

And except for being a weirdo this guy is not hurting anyone, and neither is this Ezri kid.

You say that now, but wait until the "Status: Alive"s start changing on his Romance Wikipedia.

Back