(Something Like)Trivia

Did Melek actually had the power to do things like take command of Thrakkath's flagship or surrender the empire?

No, Delance, the entire ending to WC3 was a horrible sham, but only *you* had the foresight to see through it.

Heh, I was only wondering if Melek was in somewhere in the Chain of Command, or in the royal family. I didn't mean to imply that it was a sham, of course.

Yes, in terms of succession Melek holds the title of Baron (presumably of the nar Kiranka clan), so he'd be the logical choice to take over immediately following the death of the Emperor and Prince Thrakhath (in reverse order, technically).

As for the dreadnought, Melek's military rank is shintahr - equivalent to a Space Forces Colonel (O6). Assuming Thrakhath was the ships Captain, it's reasonable to believe that Melek would be next in line to command the ship (exactly the same situation as Bondarevsky taking over the Tarawa after Commodore O'Brien died).

Meleks official title is "chee'dyachee" (senior retainer) to Prince Thrakhath. After the war, his created and took the position of Chancellor of the Kilrathi Assembly of Clans.

Back to trivia :) Along the lines of the above discussion:

Where is Chancellor Melek going when Blair and company intercept and assist his convoy in WC4?

Pasqual.

Now that's the kind of answer I was looking for, LOAF.

Now some more trivia: How many times did Blair meet Thrakkath personally? VID-Com or alternative paths are optional.

What was the name of the patrol frigate that responded to the distress call by the Blue Horizon, only to be found two days later adrift with all hands missing (Secret Ops)?

About the VID-Coms. There's WC2 (one way or another), Secret Ops (after in person), WC3 (two times).

Answer: The Patrol Frigate TCS Belliard.

What critical piece of damage occured to a Hakaga during the BOT, yet it still was able to function?

The half of the ship was rendered inoperable by the marines detonating anti-matter mines deep inside them.

the first torpedo strike that Lone Wolf called a kill then reconed to find most of it was still there

IIRC, the antimatter mines totally destroyed (or rendered inoperable)the Hakaga's they were planted on and the first torpedo strike did very little to the Hakaga (even after 4 torpedoes they still had internal power, were launching fighters, etc). Kindof an ambiguous question because there is still Mike Pollowski's destroyer plowing into the Craxi (sp? - the ship Thrakath took command of after an antimatter mine was planted on the Hakaga) that severely damaged the ship, yet still allowed it to collect pilots (but not fighters :) ) and limp out of the system.

C-ya

Back