Some thoghts...

Hero

Spaceman
Hey there all
smile.gif

Can you imagine Maniac as a high-ranker (colonel or maybe even comodore and etc)? Now don't come lauging in my face (
wink.gif
), I'm serious. Think about the Maniac from WC4, asking Blair if he enjoyed the life on the farm, blaming himself for the death of Veg and etc. I'm really cerious to see what you thing
smile.gif

Seconed thing (and much MUCH less important) is that I have to leave to CIC (and every on-line activity) for a while, my computer desided to have total crush
mad.gif

Even now I'm working on another computer, and I can't keep doing that for more then I am (in other words, this will be my last messege till I'll get my computer back
frown.gif
and god knows how long that will take- hopefully not long)

Well, can't think about anything else to say
wink.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in Wing 4 Marshall showed some level of maturity and he was promoted to Colonel at the end of the WCIV novel. But in Prophecy, however, he seemed just the same old Maniac and failed miserably as a squadron commander.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Dralthi5 said:
Well, in Wing 4 Marshall showed some level of maturity and he was promoted to Colonel at the end of the WCIV novel. But in Prophecy, however, he seemed just the same old Maniac and failed miserably as a squadron commander.

Yeah, they just wanted to leave Maniac as a comic relief.

Can you imagine Maniac as a high-ranker (colonel or maybe even comodore and etc)? Now don't come lauging in my face ( ), I'm serious. Think about the Maniac from WC4, asking Blair if he enjoyed the life on the farm, blaming himself for the death of Veg and etc. I'm really cerious to see what you thing

I can imagine him as a high ranker, as long as he either commands a squadron, or is a CO of a light, quick capship (something like the Cerberus, only about half the size), during a war that requires a lot of suicidal comanders.

And who's Veg? Do you mean Vagabond?

Not really, becuase I don't know how you thought he was talking about Blair. My own fault for supporting you EW...figuired I'd regret it.

------------------
Briceland
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

Hero said:
Hey there all
smile.gif

Can you imagine Maniac as a high-ranker (colonel or maybe even comodore and etc)? Now don't come lauging in my face (
wink.gif
), I'm serious. Think about the Maniac from WC4, asking Blair if he enjoyed the life on the farm, blaming himself for the death of Veg and etc. I'm really cerious to see what you thing
smile.gif

NOOOO, no way thinking about Maniac as a high-ranker!! I would be the first one to refuse to serve under his command, but wouldnt refuse to fly on his wing.
Maniac has good intentions, but he is not the smartest one around...always getting himself and others in trouble, putting him in command would just mean BIG TROUBLE!!
He would just loose his read and get a lot of people killed!
Anyway, that is just my opnion, you can just ignore what i said, but i would have to wish you good luck on that
smile.gif

The only thing Maniac has going for him is catering to the Media. He isn't much of a pilot anymore, at least from his current AI. Although the killboard makes him out to be much more effective.

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP

Major Marshall was in command of the Wild Eagles - a job which he performed well, even though the squadron fell apart due to unfortunate circumstances. I would have no qualms whatsoever about promoting Maniac to Colonel or even Brig. General and putting him into R&D. Hell, if they found a job for an ancient dinosaur like Blair, I'm sure they can use a pilot of Maniac's... talent.

But as a combat pilot - no way he can be in command. At least not until he does what Ripper did - become Bossman.

No disrespect intended, but how Maniac ever made the rank of 1st lieutenant is quite beyond me. I`ve been in the army, and believe me, Officers DO NOT behave the way he does. I mean, I really like him as a character, but a man of his rank, doesn`t act that way. He had absolutely no sense of resposibilty, and a screw up like him would`ve never made major, let alone colonel in any real army, especially not as a fighter.
Again, no disrespect intended
smile.gif

Mad Hatter: When you served in the army, was there by any chance a war on? Rules are very much different when your whole race is on the verge of extinction. Now, Maniac is a good pilot (his AI ain't, but never mind that
wink.gif
). There are plenty of ways for him to get promoted; btw, he got promoted to Major after making two Ralatha class destroyers collide (though some claim he was flying on autopilot at the time
smile.gif
). Besides, he's not really a screw-up. He follows orders... just not in the cockpit.
smile.gif

Well Maniac might be promoted, but that doesn't mean he will make a good staff officer. Look at Paulson and O'Brian. Let him write his memoirs, I could use a good laugh reading fantasy/fiction between missions.
smile.gif

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP

Like I said, he'd have to make some changes in order to be a good officer. But if Bossman did it, then why shouldn't Maniac?

Blair: Commander Chin?

Hunter: You're talking about a bloke that never existed

Blair: Oh he existed!

Marshall: You got a problem with my friend?

Hunter: Yeah, I do.

Marshall: Good! That means you got a problem with me!

Hunter: Is that so? *shoves Blair, ripping his shirt, revealing his Cross.*

Hunter: He's a bloody Pilgrim!

That's just from memory. I've watched that movie way too much.
smile.gif
But I could probably tell you the entire script to the first three SW movies, so I have a while to go with WC yet. Give me a week or two and I'll be able to tell you the dialog to E1
smile.gif

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Knight said:
Blair: Commander Chin?

Actually:
Commander Chen? Bossman?

Blair: Oh he existed!

Actually:
I'm pretty sure he did!

I've watched that movie way too much.
smile.gif

Yeah, most of us probably have.
wink.gif

Give me a week or two and I'll be able to tell you the dialog to E1
smile.gif

If I keep watching E1 as much as I am, I'll be able to as well.
smile.gif

Anyway, I think it's too late for Maniac to become a decent leader. I mean, what is the guy, like four-thousand years old?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited April 06, 2000).]

Back