So much for loyalty to Origin eh guys?

Avatus

Spaceman
I really think you should change the focus away from such a backstabbing, worthless company like Origin and EA and put your talented focus onto a company like Digital Anvil, Chris Roberts, a man who really cares about creating Wing Commander like games for Space Sim fans.

Wing Commander was axed, people still said "Hey, don't be hasty against Origin", now the precious Wing Commander Online is axed too and the entire team sacked.

Still loyal to Origin? Then you must work for EA if you are.

Seriously, don't attract attention for those EA assholes, focus the site towards the Chris Roberts company, whilst still keeping the old Wing Commander database for the older games.

With Honour,
Avatus

We're still Wing Commander fans... and the site's called the Wing Commander CIC. Any attention we draw is to WC, so that's not going to help Origin or EA one bit for a long, long time.

Chris Roberts was the creator of WC, so there should be room for his work. But at the end of the day this is still a WC site and community. Just becuase there won't be anymore WC games doesn't mean it's dead there are still people like Primarch, Myself and others who still create missions. They may not be as good as the real thing but they are WC.

Yay, Mark Asher's little brother is back to spread joy...

Nobody's "still loyal" to Origin. I'm a Wing Commander fan, myself, and I'll be damned if I'm going to change that fact overnight because they're not making another Wing Commander game.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

I've reached the point where waiting for a new game was pissing me off... I really don't care at this point if they ever make a new game (though I would buy it if I did...). I like the games that I have, and if people in this community moved on it really wouldn't matter to me, those who I like I'll remain in contact with, those who I don't... well... screw them
smile.gif
I'm personally going to be sticking around for awhile, but I'm not going to be one of those guys who goes around yelling "THERE WILL BE ANOTHER WING COMMANDER GAME" because there might not be. But this site is a place for Wing Commander fans, it isn't the place for Starlance and Freelancer fans. You can't just decide, "I'm going to start hating Wing Commander now that there may not be another (maybe never, maybe 5 or 6 years from now...)", either stay and stop whining about how we should all hate Wing Commander, or go away and do something else.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
What did they ever do to you? They make games to make money. If they think UO will bring them more money they'll do UO games. Get over it.

I really think you should change the focus away from such a backstabbing, worthless company like Origin and EA and put your talented focus onto a company like Digital Anvil, Chris Roberts, a man who really cares about creating Wing Commander like games for Space Sim fans.

And CR will be creting lots of WC games in the future.... This is, and always has been a WC news page, and unless the admins decide to change that it'll remain as one.

And now you tell us to go and worship a company that didn't even release any games? I played SL from that so called DA, and it isn't anything special. Go and read my review of the beta in the "Earthworm talks about SL" thread to see what I think about it.

I doubt that any of us are loyal or anything like that to OSI. I enjoyed various OSI/EA games, but it's not like I thought of them much more than any other gaming company..... And just because they said they won't make any more WC games doesen't mean they're assholes or such. They do it for the money, and as long as they get that they'll be happy. And God help anyone who stands in their way.

Seriously, don't attract attention for those EA assholes, focus the site towards the Chris Roberts company, whilst still keeping the old Wing Commander database for the older games.

DA and Chris Roberts won't be making any WC games though. If there was to be another movie or TV series from DA though, then maybe......

Avatus: Surely, you didn't come here just to tell us that? Because if that is the case, thou art obviously wasting thy time.

It was only a week ago that I finished WC 1 *again*. What does that tell you?

quTr0 Ut tulls i thUT THOU r a peteTIc L00seR thaT pluyS 10 0Ld gUMes
smile.gif

It tells us Quarto, that you're a WCU fan, since someone that's just interested in space sims wouldn't play a 10 year old game.

BTW, Quarto, did you read my SL review?

That is indeed correct, EW. I am a rabid WCU fan. Of course, then there's the little detail that WC 1 remains one of the best space sims known to mankind...

I read your SL review <sob>. Seriously, it looks pretty good, I think. I'm hoping that the AI and the proper combat will offset the annoying animations and HUDs. BTW, were there cockpit struts like in WCP? That would be good enough for me
smile.gif
Have you managed to get StarCraft yet, btw? You really should. 'Tis a brilliant game; I think that after I finish this last assignment (due in this friday), I'll play it again... in between the various WC 2 missions.
smile.gif
<Sighs happily> It's so great to be *this close* to the end of the semester.

Earthworm: What did they ever do to you?

Knight: No Comment, maybe someone needs to pay a little more attention
smile.gif

=====
Earthworm: And CR will be creting lots of WC games in the future....

Knight: Evidently, he care's a hell of alot more than OSI, since he's still making space sims, which even you said that are similar in almost everyway possible to WC.
=====
Earthworm:I played SL from that so called DA, and it isn't anything special.

Knight: I beg to differ, its new, something that we haven't seen in while. Like I said above, you said yourself that it'll be similar to WC, so it's probably as close as we will come for a long time (if ever). I'm not saying to change it the the SLCIC, or anything, but if that memo type thing is made offical (key word), it's the best hope we have. I'd love to be able to quote Yoda and say: "NO! There is another..." but I can't, because nothing looks as promising. All we can do, is keep the old WC games alive, push for the WC Source Release, and pray that someone somewhere in EA has some common fuckin' sense and will get the ball rolling to crush those that said WC is dead! Ok, maybe that's a little extreme, but it sounded good the first time I thought it. Maybe when SL comes out, we can play it, and concentrate very hard on the thought: "Its WC, Its WC, its WC, its WC." Ok, that was even dumber than that line before last. Oh well, I'm out of ideas. And in reply to the subject of this post, I'm only loyal to those companies who are loyal to the fans. WC was a #1 game for too damn many times, and they pretty much just threw the idea away. I really want to shut up now, before more thoughts come to my head, at least until we hear something offical.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Why does everybody seem to assume that Origin's decision was motivated by the urge to be evil? Origin has done NOTHING bad to us. They have given us TEN YEARS of quality entertainment. And now, when for very pragmatic, very much proper reasons they are unable to do so any more... this is how you react? Where's your gratitude?
Knight, I expected more from you.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

Quarto said:
I read your SL review <sob>. Seriously, it looks pretty good, I think. I'm hoping that the AI and the proper combat will offset the annoying animations and HUDs.
Well, the AI like I said doesen't seem to take the offensive, and since I consider the P2 HUD the best in the series I'm realy quite happy. And unlike in P2 you can skip the animations by pressing the right mouse button.
smile.gif

BTW, were there cockpit struts like in WCP? That would be good enough for me
smile.gif
Well, from the screenshots I've seen, it ain't just struts but a whole cockpit. However, I tried to play with the cockpit on, but for some reason it doesen't show in the game. Maybe they just left that out of the beta. However, SL does let you configure controls, and one option of playing the game, other than the HUD and the cockpit, is to see your HUD, but you're placed behind your ship. It's like when you press F5 in WC except that here you can actualy play like that meanwhile in WC you don't have a radar, or you don't know where to shot. It also let's you choose to be male of female. It doesen't make much difference though except of the voice used when you give orders in cockpit.

Have you managed to get StarCraft yet, btw? You really should. 'Tis a brilliant game; I think that after I finish this last assignment (due in this friday), I'll play it again... in between the various WC 2 missions.
smile.gif
<Sighs happily> It's so great to be *this close* to the end of the semester.

Nope. I looked for it in few stores but tis ain't available nowhere. I'll have to order it online.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited April 02, 2000).]

I'll have to agree with Quarto here. I'm disapointed with you Knight. I know we argued many times, but this is just silly.

Knight said:
Earthworm: What did they ever do to you?

Knight: No Comment, maybe someone needs to pay a little more attention
smile.gif
Um, OSI decides to stop making WC games, at least for now, and you consider it some kind of a personal attack against you and other fans? They didn't do anything to me. If they decided not to make WC's they obviously had a good reason for that.

Earthworm: And CR will be creting lots of WC games in the future....

Knight: Evidently, he care's a hell of alot more than OSI, since he's still making space sims, which even you said that are similar in almost everyway possible to WC.

But they're not WC. They don't have the same characters, feel, or background. And I'm always talking about SL being similar to WC. Chris Roberts has as much to do with SL as I do...

Earthworm:I played SL from that so called DA, and it isn't anything special.

Knight: I beg to differ, its new, something that we haven't seen in while.
Did you play it? I did. I've seen how it performs, I've seen the graphics, I've seen the interface...

Like I said above, you said yourself that it'll be similar to WC, so it's probably as close as we will come for a long time (if ever).
Being similar does not a great game make.
And in reply to the subject of this post, I'm only loyal to those companies who are loyal to the fans.

In what way were you loyal to OSI? You bough their games, and what else? The people at the CIC could feel betrayed or something like that since they spend time and money maintaing this site. But if anything you should be happy for all the hours of enjoyment OSI brough you, instead of bitching and moaning because they decided to stop making WC.

WC was a #1 game for too damn many times, and they pretty much just threw the idea away. I really want to shut up now, before more thoughts come to my head, at least until we hear something offical.

Firs, it was more of an EA idea than OSI, and second they want money. If they think that making UO will bring them more money than WC than they'll do UO.

To LOAF,

I enjoy pancakes. I just about think pancakes are my favorite food in the whole wide world. And that includes South Africa.

I will come back to see if anyone agrees with me in six months! If they don't, I'll pout and go away! Goodnight all!

[This message has been edited by Bandit LOAF (edited April 04, 2000).]

Please delete it now Quarto. That post is so fuc*** up that I bearly stoped myself from replaying. But I might email him about his little problem.

If he says people lick OSI's ass just because they are still WC fans, he doesen't deserve even a minute of our time.

And what's that stupid idea about reporting on SL here? It's a WC page, not Chris Roberts fan page. LOAF has said on agwc that he'd like to report on SL on a page similar to this, but this will always stay a WC page, and a little kid like that guy sure won't change that.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited April 04, 2000).]

Apologies to all with the capacity for intelligent thought. Avatus shows up once in a blue moon to see if anybody agrees with him and then tells us all to go to hell if we don't.

Thanks for editing that LOAF.... But what's with the pancakes? C'mon, I've witnesed some much better jokes by you to Asher in agwc.
smile.gif

Or is it that you don't want to waste your talents on someone so unimportant?

Back