SO Mission Creator

Slawter

Spaceman
Hi,

Does anyone know a WCSO mission creator program??? Something like the TFW for TIE Fighter, or AlliEd for X-Wing Alliance. It would make things a lot easier.

Are you wanting something like a mission editor? If you want to learn how to code a mission you can try WCPPascal.

Yep ;)

Something like TFW, to these experient with TIE Fighter Mission Creation.

And i don't understand anything about programming languages.

No. Mods like UE are long to make because

1) it contains really complex missions. Much more complex than those tools you'd like to use would allow you to make. Thomas Bruckner made an easy graphical mission builder (see his site ), but it only allows simple "go-to-NAV1-kill-everything-then-go-to-NAV2-kill-everything-go-back-home" type of missions.

2) research, reverse-engineer and hacking the game was necessary, since no documentation has been made available by OSI.

3) the game has to be scripted, and revised along the development as new research often open new possibilities as to what we can mod.

4) all the art has to be done. New ships have to be modeled and converted; new music has to be composed, recorded and converted taking the looping marks of the music into account; voiceovers talents have to be recruited, have them record their lines with decent audio quality, then audio has to be converted; ... and the list goes on from cockpit HUDS, by ships VDU images to splash screens to movies.

5) to make the mod a reality, a staff of contributing people has to be assembled. Competent staffers are hard to recruit; they must be resourceful and learn fast by themselves.

6) people on the mods staff have lives witch they must attend to. So they use the little spare time they have to contribute the mod. That's my case, and the case of most of the people doing some WC editing I know.

Back