SM1 Problem

Fenris

Spaceman
Does anybody have any tips for getting through the defense part of the first Vigrid mission in SM1? I keep getting swamped by about six or seven Gratha pounding the crap out of the Claw, and can't kill 'em fast enough to save the carrier. And the other Rapiers out there don't do squat.

Well its been a long time since I played WC1 but I found this tactic useful for defense missions. Park yourself near the Claw. Then strafe the kats as they come in. Since they're flying in a straight line and not attacking you it should work - at least it did for me.

Of course I've never actually played SM1...

All I do is immediately rush the enemy and kill as many as possible as fast as possible... nothin' much to it...

You can usually pull it off in pretty much any fighter... depends on what K-ships your fighting though I guess.

Originally posted by Fenris
Does anybody have any tips for getting through the defense part of the first Vigrid mission in SM1? I keep getting swamped by about six or seven Gratha pounding the crap out of the Claw, and can't kill 'em fast enough to save the carrier. And the other Rapiers out there don't do squat.

Just kill 'em fast. I've never had difficulties with this mission -- recommend save all your missiles and use 'em all at this nav point. Also full guns. Recommend hit 'em once with a missile then follow up with full guns. Kills 'em pretty quickly.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

The Tiger's Claw can handle a surprisingly large amount of damage (and can repair it incredibly quick after each mission!). As pendell said, kill them as fast as possible, and you should do fine. If not, target the ones which are actually shooting Claw at the highest priority - even if it means leaving your rear vulnerable.

Back