Site update / voiceovers

Eder

Mr. Standoff
I've updated the website with shots of the Pirate Talon and the Militia Talon. Feel free to post any comments about them here.

Also, if anyone has free time and a good microphone, and is interested in lending his/her voice to a Standoff character, contact me via the link on the website. We will not need many characters for the Prologue, but we're still short on voice actors...

--Eder

Yeah, sorry about not replying. There were still a lot of quirks I had to work out of the basic Standoff package so that PopsiclePete could get started coding the missions... that was the priority in the past couple of weeks, I just started sorting thru voiceovers now. You should get a reply to your email within 10 minutes :p

--Eder

Hey, no problem. Not trying to rush you :)

Just trying to do my part to help.

Hey, you're lucky I'm in full-blown final year mode, otherwise I'd be trying to model for you as well. I can pull off some decent stuff in LW, but my attention is on my architecture major; rather than WC ships :D

Originally posted by Tempest
I can pull off some decent stuff in LW, but my attention is on my architecture major; rather than WC ships :D

Whoa, hey, you go and show those architects who's the boss man. That must be one cool major to have.

--Eder

The talon looks awesome. Will be great to be able to shoot down some of them again, since I can't play Privateer anymore. *sniffles* Will bring back some good memories.

And architecture is pretty damn cool, however, possibly not my field. I'm hoping this will start me off on a path towards modeling for gaming companies. :)

If you want to model for game companies, I can think of few starting points that would be better than architecture :).

Me likes!

I know you didn't expect to hear something positive out of me.... but still since I do l had to come out and say it!!

Sound of my voice...

As for submitting voice-overs, I would like to help, but first I have got to get my PC back on fighting position.

While we're on the subject (are we?) of site updates, I've finished the Gratha today, so there's now a shot of it up on the site.

--Eder

I am Back!;)
I got exams right now and its not easy to come in here at the Forums.Ill only post at the Standoff and then I leave again :p

Well,to tell you the Truth Eder...........I didnt like voth Gratha and Talon......:( I dont know why.....they just look different from the other models.Both textures and design....they look inferior...
I dont know......this is my opinion though......

About the voiveovers :( DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN I was hoping to record them before the #%$@#!% exams,but I couldnt.....My PC still has a problem with both my soundcards......

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
they just look different from the other models. Both textures and design....they look inferior...
Oh, well, there's not much I could do about those two, for sure. They're both pretty simple designs. As for the textures, they simply *can't* look worse than the others, since they're canned formulas :p If I could run individual Photoshop tools from a DOS command line, I could probably just make a .bat file and automate the whole process :D

The only differences I can think of is that the Talon has almost no markings, and that both those shots were taking in a sector with blue lighting. Red lighting, like in the previous Kilrathi shots, sure looks nicer on Kilrathi ships. The blue lighting makes the textures lose contrast a bit, since the predominant colors on Kilrathi ships are red and orange.

Edit: Personally, I like the way the militia Talon turned out more than I like, say, the way the Stiletto, the Morningstar or the Tarsus turned out.

--Eder

I like the new Talon, good work ;).

But for me, I don't like the textures of the Gratha, too :/. But it could be possible, that the Screenshot isn't the best perspective though *g*...

btw => You'll get my Voiceovers...but I'm ill this time, sorry :/.

Back