Similator within a simulator

Death's Head

Spaceman
I have two questions
What simulator do you think is the most fun, and better music?
Which mission in WCP simulator is the hardest for you? Mine is the attack waves of fighters and a corvette at each nav point in 10 minutes.

The WC2 simulator - ie., WC Academy. Of course, if you're gonna insist that it has to be built into the game, then I guess I'd have to say the WCP simulator
smile.gif

As for the missions, it's really hard to say. I haven't even tried most of the WCP simulator missions...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since the topic is simulator within a simulator, I'll have to go with WCP. The WC1 was a clever idea, but it was basically just an arcade game, sort of Galaga via the WC engine. WCP has missions definite goals, etc. The first few are simple, but if you've never played a space sim and/or WC game before they could be useful. As for the hardest, The time limit one probably took me the longest of any of them.

Yes, but you have to admit the WC1 sim was quite original at the time. That`s why I enjoyed it so much. And, of course, the music... Ah! definitely my favorite!
WC1-Simulator

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited September 01, 2000).]

I enjoyed the original Wing Commander's simulator, but that music could get annoying after a while. The Prophecy simulator is my favorite. I wonder when someone will mention Wing Commander III's simulator...

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I like Prophecy's just for that voice. "AIM YOUR SHIP AT THE WHITE CROSS! GOD COMMANDS YOU!"
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

WW: The WC3 sim? Ha, I only used it once...to humiliate Flash!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Oh dear... WC:p's was amazing, with GREAT music... I really like taking down the Midway listening to 'Darwin Was Right'... ~hehehe~

But I have to admit, the WC III and WC I sims were great too, since they gave me an opportunity to get used to the new flight engine.

As for training missions, who can resist:

"Well, Blair, I know you've always wanted to take a shot at me, so here's your chance. I've modified our ship's guns to fire non-lethal blasts....."

~hehehe~

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Dralthi5 said:
I like Prophecy's just for that voice. "AIM YOUR SHIP AT THE WHITE CROSS! GOD COMMANDS YOU!"
smile.gif

"NOW FLY TO NAV 1. YOU MAY WISH TO INCREASE YOUR THROTTLE BY PRESSING THE PLUS KEY...
*beep*
GOOD. NOW FLY TO NAV 2. IT'S A BIT FURTHER AWAY, SO YOU MAY WANT TO USE YOUR AFTERBURNERS BY PRESSING THE TAB KEY.
*beep*
NOW POINT YOUR SHIP AT THE BUOY.
GOOD.
"

------------------

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

I liked the mission in Prophecy where you had a time limit to clear all the way points. You had to be precise and fast to get through it.

Anagram said:
"NOW FLY TO NAV 1. YOU MAY WISH TO INCREASE YOUR THROTTLE BY PRESSING THE PLUS KEY...
*beep*
GOOD. NOW FLY TO NAV 2. IT'S A BIT FURTHER AWAY, SO YOU MAY WANT TO USE YOUR AFTERBURNERS BY PRESSING THE TAB KEY.
*beep*
NOW POINT YOUR SHIP AT THE BUOY.
GOOD.
"

Sorry for going somewhat Off Topic, but this reminded me of something. Did anyone else here play Jane's AH-64D Longbow? The simulator in that game is by far one of the most traumatic experiences in my life. Sometimes when I'm lying in bed at night I can still hear the instructor yelling at me.

------------------
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band.

[This message has been edited by Ziggy2 Stardust (edited September 02, 2000).]

Then I guess you have to see the doctor.
biggrin.gif

(j/k)

My favorites were WC3 and WCP sims.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

And I thought this thread would never get a reply...
biggrin.gif

Time limits add a nice element to a mission, which is why I liked the mission I mentioned.
Q, you still haven't tried them?

Non, I didn't. I'm not that much of a pilot, and I actually find the (later) sim missions to be tougher than the game. And of course, there's the little detail that I can't stand "kill as much as you can within ten minutes" missions. I like missions which actually have a proper objective.

Q: Think of it more as a 'Defend this NAV point for ten minutes so that the (Midway) can get into position and do something useful...' mission.
wink2.gif

But I like the one where the Confed ships show up if you kill enough.

Hey... Ever get Maestro to stick around longer than Zero? ~hehehe~

Ever attack your wingmates on those ones? ~hehehehehehehehe~ Free kills.

Try it in a Vampire. ~nods~

------------------

Heh, heh, never tried 'killing' wingmates before... I've managed to get Maverick in some of those. I love the "Cats, Bugs, whatever. You all die the same."

If you've gotten Maverick in the alien gauntlet, you're doing alright.

Q, isn't defending the Midway a proper enough objective?
smile.gif

Defending the Midway? Why, what kind of objective is that?
biggrin.gif

Back