Sim Missions & Progress

Have patience... they'll be added to the characters page once Eder has their faces done.

It is awfully quiet here, and that means you´ve been busy coding missions (I hope :) ), right Eder? How is the coding progress?

I'm afraid that's not up to me lately :p I only (ever) coded one mission - the prologue's second mission. I might code more when it comes to the main campaign, but right now vacation's over and I'm short on time again, more than I was in the first semester actually... so my priority is finishing the stuff that nobody else can finish for me: ships, comm animations, menus, VDUs, etc.

As for mission progress, it's going pretty good. I think Quarto is just about done polishing up and debugging missions 6 and 7. Mission 2 is also basically done too. Mission 1 needs polishing up and debugging, but PopsiclePete's already working on that. That leaves M3 and M4, which have been started, but aren't fully functional, and M5 which is the only one which hasn't been started yet (Pierre will work on this one once he's done with M1). Of course, that still leaves us a bunch of cutscenes to work on, and a few misc code to implement and test so that the main campaign is fully compatible with savegames from the prologue, has no installation glitches, etc. On top of that, we still need a lot of voiceovers (mostly for the cutscenes now), and music (also, just for the cutscenes now).

Yeah, I'm still playing mop-up in 6 and 7, but they're almost perfect now. Actually, if I wasn't the obsessive perfectionist type, they'd probably be good enough already :p.

WcPascal

Somebody can send me info about wcpascal compiler please?
I'm coding test missions to SO using HCl compiler, this is fine of course, but now I want test wcpascal compiler and I get errors...
Please I need a simple example mission to begin test and all possible documentation.
Maybe I can to help in the projects, I'm offering my services for programmer and music generator if you needs.

Thanks!

What is it you do musically? I may be able to get your help with music in UE2. Originally I was planning to head up a music team for that, but slowly that idea died. What style do you do? I might be able to use you.

For an example of the style I do for these video games (but not the only style I write) check out UE - that was me.

Well, basically I'm musician but don't work "of musician", my work is software development, I'm programmer. Now, my hooby is create songs using Reason software, do you know that software?.
Maybe the music games are short songs or repetitive secuences, I don't know what need you. If you want I can send you a example song created by me. Besides I have one friend with complete music studio where we could mix the music.

How are UE2 status now? :)

tango said:
Well, basically I'm musician but don't work "of musician", my work is software development, I'm programmer. Now, my hooby is create songs using Reason software, do you know that software?.

No, I'm not framiliar with it. From the way you described what you do though, it sounds like a new age/techno/dance music type of program (I could be wrong).

Maybe the music games are short songs or repetitive secuences, I don't know what need you. If you want I can send you a example song created by me. Besides I have one friend with complete music studio where we could mix the music.

I'd like to hear a sample. I could probably use your help for somethings.. but more details later. You can send the sample to me at Needaham45@att.net.

Your friend's studio sounds good too - mixing might be helpful, but right now, what I'd really like is a better way to render the midis to make them sound more real. Could you find out if he/she can do that?

How are UE2 status now? :)

I think the official word is no word at this point :p

Most of the team is busy helping out on Standoff (myself included). I've given a lot of thought to how the style of music is going to evolve in UE2 from what it was in UE. I know there has been some work with ships, but I don't know too much about that at this point. There's also been some thought to plot, but again, nothing really serious yet. Basically, from what I gather, we're thinking, but there isn't much (but there is a very little amount of) hard work done. I don't think I can disclose any details at this point. Watch the main page for updates occasionally, but it's going to be slow. Like I said, most of the UE team is helping (or on the team for) Standoff.

Do you have need of anymore beta testers. i hve been playing commander since i was 5 back in 1994 so i believe i have the dynamics down of what makes a good WC game

Unfortunately, at least at this stage, we can only use people who can program in WCPPas as beta testers.

If you need someone to delay Standoff by finding 10 bugs/mission even after you debugged them 100 times tell me and I'll do it ;-)
/me thinks back to the time he did that to UE *g*
My knowledge in WCPas isn't very good however.

Question time

In a mag I bought there was Delphi vol. 6 personal edition. I understand it is Turbo Pascal on steroids.

Could I use that WCPAS in there, somehow?

What do you guys use to program in. CLI, a GUI of sorts... what that GUI is and if so how can I incorporate WCPAS in there (Delphi 6 that is)... thanks in advance...

Programming in WCPPas is like programming in Pascal, except that all the commands are different :p You don't need Delphi or anything, you just need WCPPas from Thomas Bruckner's website. It's like a Delphi unit with a File menu on top :D

cff said:
If you need someone to delay Standoff by finding 10 bugs/mission even after you debugged them 100 times tell me and I'll do it ;-)
/me thinks back to the time he did that to UE *g*
My knowledge in WCPas isn't very good however.
Don't worry, we'll need standard issue non-programmer beta testers in the near future, and I'll probably give priority to people who Q tells me were the most helpful in UE.

At this stage, there's just no point in having dedicated beta testers.

Andropolos said:
In a mag I bought there was Delphi vol. 6 personal edition. I understand it is Turbo Pascal on steroids.
Could I use that WCPAS in there, somehow?
What do you guys use to program in. CLI, a GUI of sorts... what that GUI is and if so how can I incorporate WCPAS in there (Delphi 6 that is)... thanks in advance...

Yup Delphi is kinda "Visual Objective Pascal". You cannot use WCPAS in there, WCPAS has its own editor and compiler. As far as knowledge in Delphi/Pascal is of advantage in WCPAS I'd say none. All that is similar is loops and variable declaration. everything else is a matter of experimenting around with poorly documented functions. Its really not that hard programming wise IMHO.

Back