Shrunken video when using the WCP high-res fix - stuck with it?

Dix

Spaceman
heya,

I've been using WCP, runs like a dream under XP with the soundcard accel set to 0 and compat mode on, except for some reason i have to wiggle the mouse after watching the WCP title video play, or it won't play the opening movie and just sits there (unless i press escape, which skips it, but anyway, back to topic :eek: )

I've been using the highres patch, which works fine except it shrinks all the ingame video - is there anyway past this, or is it just a sideeffect of taking the game out of 640x480 that you have to live with? having been spolied, i'm loath to go back to the old res :cool: , but the actors are currently smurf-sized..

I've been using WCP, runs like a dream under XP with the soundcard accel set to 0 and compat mode on, except for some reason i have to wiggle the mouse after watching the WCP title video play, or it won't play the opening movie and just sits there
This has been known to happen. It doesn't look like the patch is the cause to this tho, as i've been able to reproduce the issue on an unmodified copy of Prophecy. If you have a joystick and it's not connected, try connecting it and see if it helps.

I've been using the highres patch, which works fine except it shrinks all the ingame video - is there anyway past this, or is it just a sideeffect of taking the game out of 640x480 that you have to live with? having been spolied, i'm loath to go back to the old res , but the actors are currently smurf-sized..
Yup, i'm afraid that's something you have to live with for now, video resizing is not being performed at the moment.

ah well - I'm not going to complain - fan-projects are the life of WC these days, and are thus greatly valued. (besides, the midway never looked so good!)

Back