Should I get Arena

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
I finally have the money to buy Arena. I've been bored out of my mind recently waiting for the Halo Reach Beta. I have wanted to try out Arena for a while, but I suck at it (played the demo). Should I get it anyway?

It doesn't take too long to get good, and the best modes are really the multiplayer modes. Downside is you will likely need to arrange your matches ahead of time here.

It's a nice way to show support for WC but it's really your call.

Yes! It's only $10, which is a steal just for the single player modes. After you practice a bit and unlock some ships, set up some multiplayer matches here and have a blast!

Okay, I got it some time ago. It's awesome!! :D I unlocked some ships so far, if anyone wants to play today just post about it or message my gamertag (BloodClaw95, very Kilrathi-like, isn't it?)!

I sorta mentioned it in the news update last week, but hopefully a bunch of people get playing after the birthday in August. Three year anniversary of Arena's release next month!

Three years? Wow. It doesn't seem that long ago we were waiting up on #wingnut when Hades told us it had gone up earlier then we expected...and paused our WC Academy/Movie marathon. That was a great night.

I sorta mentioned it in the news update last week, but hopefully a bunch of people get playing after the birthday in August. Three year anniversary of Arena's release next month!

Maybe we should all have a birthday "Bash" on the game? I just need to get a new xbox... mine crapped out :mad:

set up some multiplayer matches here and have a blast!

I've been thinking about getting it too. I wasn't impressed with the demo, but have heard the full game is a lot better. As far as the multiplayer though, by that you mean there is no matchmaking feature?

I've been thinking about getting it too. I wasn't impressed with the demo, but have heard the full game is a lot better. As far as the multiplayer though, by that you mean there is no matchmaking feature?

There's matchmaking, but since it's been so long since it came out the actual player base is small. That means you can sit online for a while and not find anyone to play with. So it's just easier to come here and set up times to play in advance so that everyone has enough time to plan to get together and whatnot. This is especially important if you want a larger capship battle.

The demo is one tiny slice of variety of modes in the game, most of which are multiplayer. And the game's only $10 - it's a pretty easy decision!

Back