Ship Charts

Confed's ships use various types of armor, from durasteel (apparently a different type of durasteel than the Kilrathi, though) to plastisteel and tungsten and such.

Both Confed and Kilrathi ships have paint schemes, though, depending on where they're assigned and what their duties are. (Kilrathi paint schemes are usually more limited, I suppose, but we do hear about ships with 'ground camo' in End Run).

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Cause blue looks better?
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I don't know if any of you guys find it funny, but I love how LOAF or Chris Reid always have an actual game answer for things. Like the switch from green to blue most of us would just say that the designers just wanted a change. But LOAF and Chris always have a real answer like "different paint schemes..." which could be right. Hehe, I always find that cool and funny.

------------------
Peace cannot be kept by force, it must be achieved through understanding.

"I wan't my momyyyyyyyyyyyy!" or "I'm going to kill that SOB Blair!"

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

The colour change was probily due to an advance in ship construction (probibly construction of armour). No one would waste their resources on PAINTING an entire ship green during a war when they didn't need to so it must have been a property of the metal that was used as armour at the time.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I was going to paste some images of WC ships here, but I just realised that I haven't gotten around to installing any graphics software here yet
smile.gif
. That being the case, I should just like to point out that none of the ships were in fact entirely green. Most had some elements painted green, but also other colours. The Scimitar for example had a red stripe across its fore section.
And people would "waste" their resources on painting, because a friendly ship needs to be visually identifiable. Otherwise, you get things like that incident in Priv, when two Militia men shot each other while fighting the Retros.

The Concordia is almost entirely green, so is the Tiger's Claw IIRC.

------------------
Gen. Patton

The Tiger's Claw is mostly white-gray. It has several blue stripes on its underside, and only a few green surfaces.
The Concordia, admittedly is mostly green. But most of its top side is blue, and there are also several grey-blue sections, as well as the yellow/red bits.
I'd extract some pictures and post them, but like I said, I haven't installed any graphics software, and WCNAV can only save stuff in BMP. I don't think anybody would appreciate it if I extended this thread by 65,000 bytes, mostly consisting of empty space
smile.gif

Hehehe, you could check the place the kid stole the pictures from in the first place, the CIC's ships section. https://www.wcnews.com/ships. Chris 'n Hades spent an assload of time collecting them.

You're an idiot, Kalk, I wouldn't have bothered to notice if you hadn't just told me
wink.gif
Make your own, it's not *THAT* hard, although it requires some serious dedication. A web site that's just things ripped from other web site is sixteen flavors of bad.

I dunno where the charts are anymore, though. Jibbo has them at home, but he's at some strange art college now.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Umm... You do realise, that you can easily extract pictures from WC 1 and 2 and Priv with WCNAV? It's even easier than taking screenshots
smile.gif

WCNAV? I want to get some shots from Priv, but I can't find a DOS screenshot program that works. Dose it let you view everything from the game, or just the ships?

------------------
Gen. Patton

If I recall correctly, it lets you view _everything_. Of course, you have to use TREMAN to split the TRE file into pieces.

Where can I find that WCNAV, and TREMAN? Could I just use reaper to split the .TRE files?

------------------
Gen. Patton

You could try looking in the files section... I don't know if they're there but look anyway.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

You may find WCNAV in the Information Area of HCl's page. I don't think you'll find it anywhere else. Alternatively, you can just ask Matrix to e-mail it to you (Matrix made it, based on HCl's original viewer).
As for TREMAN, you will undoubtedly find it in the Files Section of HCl's page, since he made it
smile.gif
No, I don't think reaper would work.

So you think it's good that people think you're a lazy fucknut who's so unoriginal that you have to blatantly rip off others' hard work, Kalkrath?

Explains a lot, actually...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited February 04, 2000).]

Back