Ship Charts

Death's Head

Spaceman
Does anyone else here have ship charts they would like to share?
I have seen the one in the CIC and corrected it in my own way and keep it on a zip disk.
Fighter, Capship, it doesn't matter. Call it a little finatical on my part but aren't we all to some extent?
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what finatical means, but I know that Jibbo (who did those ship charts) did several others, and corrected his mistakes in the first couple.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Great how can I see them, I can't email jibbo at this point in time, perhaps later if he has an email.
It wasn't exactly the best term, it just seems that people take this all so seriously, I mean it is only a game.

I think he means he doesen't know what finatical means. I'm sure LOAF know what FANATICAL means.

AND IT'S NOT JUST A GAME, IT'S A WHOLE UNIVERSE. GAMES, NOVELS, THE MOVIE AND LOTS OF OTHER STUFF!!!

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 26, 2000).]

The guy who wants us to believe that the Kilrathi dreadnought is 2.2 km long because he's analized how big dwarfs are thinks we're taking this too seriously
smile.gif
?

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

LOL

Damn straight LOAF!
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Nah mainly becuase you refuse to believe steel is so heavy that a hull as big as 22km let's say it's a single, flat plate of metal, the area of 25 square kilometers would have a mass of over a million tones.

Not unless durasteel is a lot different in density.
Steel we use is basically the same weight. Depending on how much impurity there is to the iron and all.

And durastell is a different material. You'd expect that something new would be made in 600 years.

------------------
Gen. Patton

then if the midway is made of durasteel, why is it almost as massive, but is also skinny in many parts and it has large holes and gaps between the hulls, besides having large empty spaces for fighters, bombers, shuttles, and other large craft?

Let's not forget that the Midway was made about 12 years after the Dreadnougt, the form of the material could have changed. The Midway also has stronger armor than the Dreadnought, and the Midway doesen't have any holes in it's structure, except that nice empty space where the night light went while the Kilrathi Dreadnought does have many empty spaces. How long has it been since you flown next to that thing? It has so many holes, you'd almost think that it's just a skeleton of a ship.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Why durasteel? Why not isometal (introduced, as far as the player knows, in Righteous Fire) or something even newer?

Fralthi II: It had holes in it because it was shot at.
smile.gif
Seriously, besides the 'prongs' at the bow, it was solid, at least from the outside view.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Don't they have nanobots in the WC universe? I bet if the armor is made with nanobots, then it must something far more light, resistent, etc. than just normal metal plating. Perhaps they use something that's not metal interwhined (spelling?) in the armor...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Or the designers of the game made it that way...

------------------
Zohrath.
http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

[This message has been edited by Zohrath (edited January 28, 2000).]

I thought the Kilrathi ships were made out of Plastisteel?

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Yeah I noticed that too. In WC 1 and 2 a lot of green was used, but after blue was used. Maybe because it would blend in with the dark blue color they used for space. Who knows?

------------------
Peace cannot be kept by force, it must be achieved through understanding.

Back