Secret ops error

Manboy

Rear Admiral
Ah crap! I've installed Secret ops from an old Australian PC Gamer demo disc (disc1.2 October 1998). I'm pretty sure its the full starter pack with episode 1. It installs fine but when I try to select a video card an error which as follows :

WC:Secret Ops Installer/Launcher: setuo.exe - Unable To Locate Compon
This aplication has failed to start because glide2x.dll was not found. Re-installing the apllication may fix this probelm.

I did re-install but same thing and that file in question glide2x.dll is there.
After this message I am able to actually select between Software and Glide - neither work as when I try to start Secret Ops another error occurs:

SecretOps.exe
Error signature
Appname : secretops.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName : secretops.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000b23f9

I tried installing the Hi-res patch which installs fine but makes no difference when trying to load the game ( with every option checked ).

My sytem is as follows:

Windows XP
Pentium 3
600 Mhz
256RAM
Onboard Voodoo3 8mb Video card
Dont laugh I'm poor.

Please help because I'm dying to play UE and Standoff.....

You've just re-confirmed the fact that im an idiot :)

Thanks mate....
You wouldnt know how to get rid on those crosshair type things over the lens-flare effect would you?

Not necessarily an idiot, it's easy to forget simple solutions. ;)

The bad lens flares are due to misaligned texels. For ATi Catalyst, go to the settings for Direct3D and enable "Alternate pixel centre" in the Compatibility section.

For nVidia cards, I believe the solution is to set texel alignment to 7.

Oops, I just noticed you said you have an old Voodoo card (which explains the native Glide mode). All I can suggest is that if you find something similar in your driver options, try that.

Back