Secret Ops: "Bonus Missions"?...

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by Zor Prime
I thought that this was a very interesting auction. I don't think I've ever seen this much WC stuff in one auction before!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...item=1330244504
Originally posted by on EBay auction site
"...Wing Commander Secret Ops With The Bonus Episodes ( PC - Part Of A Demo Disc )..."

Ummm, I'm a little confused... I thought Secret Ops was *in itself* a buncha "bonus missions". So, what's this guy talking about when he speaks of Secret Ops PLUS bonus missions?... Anyone who can clear this up for us?...

Originally posted by Preacher
Ummm, I'm a little confused... I thought Secret Ops was *in itself* a buncha "bonus missions".
Secret Ops was *itself* a "game."
So, what's this guy talking about when he speaks of Secret Ops PLUS bonus missions?
He probably just means it has all the episodes with it. SO came as a 180MB (I think) file with just one episode in it. The rest were available over time via a website. Most likely he means that those files are included as well.

Um, here's what I meant:

True, it was *in itself* a "game", in that it was standalone--you didn't need WC:p to play it.

However, since it was originally released in segments, over a # of months, on the web, it had more the feel of an "add-on pack" to it. To then add "bonus" missions to it makes it all the more confusing to me... Basically, what I wanna know is this:

Since I have WCP Gold, which includes Secret Ops (in its entirety--or so I thought) on CD, are there any *OTHER* missions that were released beyond that?... In other words, "are there any missions that I'm missin'?"...

Hope that clears things up. NOW: Anyone have an answer to this?...

Originally posted by Preacher
However, since it was originally released in segments, over a # of months, on the web, it had more the feel of an "add-on pack" to it.
The issue is not how it felt to you, the issue is what it is, that being a sequel to Prophecy. Originally you stated that it is and add-on, not that it felt that way to you. You're backpedaling now to cover your tracks, but it's not fooling me.
Since I have WCP Gold, which includes Secret Ops (in its entirety--or so I thought) on CD, are there any *OTHER* missions that were released beyond that?
Prophecy Gold is complete.

Originally posted by Frosty

The issue is not how it felt to you, the issue is what it is, that being a sequel to Prophecy. Originally you stated that it is and add-on, not that it felt that way to you. You're backpedaling now to cover your tracks, but it's not fooling me.

Prophecy Gold is complete.

Yo, Frosty:

Easy, there, girl!.... "The issue is what it is, not how it felt...", "now you're backpedaling...", etc., etc.,... It ain't like I'm testifying B4 Congress about Enron or anything, y'know... (your portfolio was shafted by their demise, perhaps?...).

I just wanted folks to be clear what it was I was asking, since there seemed to be some confusion. And, thanx fer clearing it up fer me in your last line ("Prophecy Gold is complete"). If I upset you, I apologize.

-Preacher

Back