Second Nexus Mod In The Works (June 26, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
RAT from Russia has successfully imported a number of ships into his Wing Commander mod for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. WC Tactics and the original game put a lot of focus on the capital ship, but this mod will attempt to enhance the role of fighter craft. The Hornet and Rapier I have been imported, and there is an untextured Snakier for them to assault. More progress reports and a website for the project are forthcoming.

--
Original update published on June 26, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi RAT, nice screenshots on your site!
I still haven't come around to get Nexus, but looked at the website again to understand some more what it's all about. Sonds promising - a tactical fleet sim.

What do you intend to do with it? Replace ships only, or do you have some kind of storyline in mind?

To criticalmass
I am replace ship and realise my own company (storiline) on "black sun" tngine. In my minde i see thet like this:
1 compani - 2634 year, pilgrum and kilrathi, Vega sector. (WCM ships)
2 compani - nier 2654 (+-5) Epsilon sector - kilrathi, stelek. (WC1 ships)
3 compani - WC2 era. I think it based on "End Run" and "Fleet action" and other book.
4 company - WC3 ... (i think about later...)
and for 2670 year and Nephilims.
Point is on fighter operation.
My scenario is about crew of ship with uno name but various model (upgrade and new generation crew).

Wow, that sounds like quite some piece of work. Too bad my Russian-speaking abilities are zero...
Best wishes for the campaigns, and let's hope that the Nexus and WC fans will honor the effort accordingly!

Back