Panda
QuailPilot
snip63

Terran Team:
Guilherme
Mekt-Hakkikt *
Sylvester
Pip

* = Mekt-Hakkikt will be on vacation until ca. April 2, so someone will have to take over his fighter for the time being.

Each team must now declare one team leader. The team leader gets to control the team's destroyer. The last scenario showed that it's also good to stay in touch with your wingmen in order to plan your strategy.

The following ships will be in the game:

Confed Units:
TCS Orestes, Gilgamesh-class destroyer (controlled by Confed team leader)
Bravo 1, Rapier II
Bravo 2, Rapier II
Zeta 1, Epee
Zeta 2, Epee

Kilrathi Units:
IKS Haf'nhar, Ralatha-class destroyer (controlled by Kilrathi team leader)
Garga 1, Jalkehi
Garga 2, Jalkehi
Skabak 1, Sartha
Skabak 2, Sartha
Skabak 3, Sartha

I need each one of you to pick one type of fighter in your team, publicly in this thread. (First come, first serve.) E.g. if you're in the Terran team, posting "I'll take Bravo 1" is not a valid choice, but "I want to fly a Rapier II" is.

The fun starts as soon as we have both team leaders and all of you in a cockpit. :)

I'm new to all this so I think I'll take a fighter for the time being. You can set me up with a Rapier II.

I'll be happy to give an Epee a spin.

Not sure who the Terran team leader is. I've got some of the most experience, but I'd be the first to admit there aren't exactly any awe-inspiring events in the last few games I can point to.

Not sure who the Terran team leader is. I've got some of the most experience, but I'd be the first to admit there aren't exactly any awe-inspiring events in the last few games I can point to.
In fact, since Guilherme and Sylvester are new players and Mekt-Hakkikt will be away for two weeks, I'd advise you to take the lead. But that's just my suggestion. ;)

And by the way: The description for "Destroyer Battle" is up.

(Open Channel) Foolish Terrans! Already they reveal their plans out loud! In their indecision about a leader, we shall be victorious!

Be aware, Hairless Apes, that we are coordinating our team currently via our private Comm channel. Once a successful test has been made, you will know fear and hear us proclaim our glorious rank selection and leader.

OOC: we're setting up an email list and we'll post (hopefully later today once every has picked a craft internally) who is doing what. To my teammates; check for the PM.

Ironduke, I love the new map!

Like Avacar said, we're coordinating as a team, and hopefully by later today we'll know what we're doing. Also, we've got six ships and five players, so can we have Kaz fly the currently pilotless ship?

Ironduke, I love the new map!
Glad to hear that! :)

Kaz is joining the game as well. He'll play on the Terran side of things, and with the two Rapiers already gone, he and Mekt-Hakkikt will have to stick with an Epee. (I didn't ignore his post in the old thread, it was just a mere oversight. Hope you forgive me, Kaz. :p)

According to my player roster for this scenario, we're a total of 10 players by now, with five fighters on each side plus the two capships (taken care of by the team leaders). My arithmetics may be lacking, but I think we have a pretty good match here. :)

We have five fighters and a Ralatha, but only five pilots. Does the team leader control both a fighter and a capital ship? Otherwise, we could use another person. I count ten pilots and eleven ships in the game.

Well, I guess I'll take team lead. I'll drop PMs to everyone and we'll have a plan coordinated.

That is a GORGEOUS map. I love it.

Ironduke,
Two more questions:
1. Why are both destroyers facing a hex line instead of a hex edge?
2. Confed has three Epees on the map. Is that intentional?

ooc: just an update to all non-cats out there; our internal team chat is now working, and we're just coordinating our vehicles. QuailPilot's already claimed one publically, and the rest of us will be announcing our roles in a couple of hours.

We have five fighters and a Ralatha, but only five pilots. Does the team leader control both a fighter and a capital ship? Otherwise, we could use another person. I count ten pilots and eleven ships in the game.

From the first post in this thread:
The team leader gets to control the team's destroyer.
Aw, look, now you made me quote myself...! :( ;)

1. Why are both destroyers facing a hex line instead of a hex edge?
2. Confed has three Epees on the map. Is that intentional?
1. I thought it would make for a nice change... :D You're the first to notice. If we had "experience points" in this game, I'd give you one now. :p I'll change it as soon as I have the Kilrathi team line up.
2. Yes, that's intentional. Since Kaz joined in, I decided to give the Terrans another Epee. It will make things a bit more challenging for the Kilrathi, but hey - you have your Jalkehi heavies and a good strategy (I hope) to keep you out of trouble. ;)

I, Panda, shall command the IKS Haf'nhar and its fighter wing. I hereby assign Avacar and Quailpilot to Garga 1 and 2 respectively. FloundericiousMI and Snip63 will fly Skabak 1 and 2. Glory to Sivar! Pass the barbecue sauce!

Quailpilot, you are a true warrior of Kilrah, with excellent taste. There's nothing like freshly killed monkey meat...unless it's freshly killed monkey with barbecue sauce!

Back