Running Super Wing Commander

Antman

Spaceman
I've been making an attempt at running Super Wing Commander on a PC (being that my old 9500 is loooong gone... I miss that Mac).

So far, I have SheepShaver installed, with Mac OS 9.0 as an image.

After some fiddling to get SWC to run... it runs... but as with most older games, it's far too fast (was it that difficult to write in clock limiting into software at the time?).

Anyone have any suggestions? I'll go for anything atm... especially if someone has an older 604e Mac that they'd be willing to sell... or has a way of slowing this down on an emulated OS... I can slow it down, but it's choppy because of the emulation then.

I know HCl got the 3DO version of SWC working well on a PC with Freedo 1.9

I'm not really sure how good mac emulators are at running the game.

You're best bet is to just find an old mac. Most emulators aren't very good. You can probably find a 604e for fairly cheap nowadays.

You're best bet is to just find an old mac. Most emulators aren't very good. You can probably find a 604e for fairly cheap nowadays.

I did notice that the CIC does have a few patches in the files section for the mac SWC that might help though.

I did notice that the CIC does have a few patches in the files section for the mac SWC that might help though.

Possibly. I'd recommend the PowerPC patch, although you might want to try both because I'm not sure what your emulator is trying to emulate (68x, 60x, or a G series)

Back