right of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh - my language was incorrect. I meant post-soviet Russia, er, just Russia.

Damnit! The article was about present day, modern, Russia. Whew. :p

If anything, this thread makes me pro-abortion. No one should have to live in a world where a thread this awful is allowed to remain open.

You know, I sometimes get the feeling that the CIC threads used to be a lot more fun...

Everytime I follow a link or am researching something and begin to read the old threads, the language, humor, etc becomes more, well, colorful, to say the least. :D

I used to be a lot angrier and a lot cleverer, but then they removed that part of my brain on account of problems. Now I just travel the world on my motorrocketjetbike hoping to set right what once went wrong.

Hey, lets go back in time and read the Fahrenheit 9/11 thread!: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=9511

It starts slow, but it ends very, very well.

Y'know, four years later, certain people are still complete assholes, myself included. I suppose some things will never change. Can we still pepper our threads with silly cat pictures, or will that land one in trouble these days?

I miss peppering threads with stupid pictures, especially when they serve no true purpose.

Also,

LeHah said:
BAAAAAAAAWWW!

Fixed.

I don't think the CIC has become less witty. I mean, we had those threads Frosty made. They had some fun moments.

Arguably I think it's the idiots. I think they've become less witty and fun. You need morons par excellence in order to properly derail and flame a thread. The fact is this is a retread issue. It's not even really new, or hot. Abortion is the cola debate.

I don't think the CIC has become less witty. I mean, we had those threads Frosty made. They had some fun moments.

Arguably I think it's the idiots. I think they've become less witty and fun. You need morons par excellence in order to properly derail and flame a thread. The fact is this is a retread issue. It's not even really new, or hot. Abortion is the cola debate.

Are you saying that in order to have interesting conversations, we need better idiots? Thats a new one.

Its easy to be happy about getting something if you don't have to sacrifice for it.

A father doesn't carry a child for nine months. A father doesn't nurse or raise the child in the same way a mother does. If a woman says shes not ready, thats a sign of greater maturity and wisdom than someone being excited about being a father.

What about after the birth? True, the first nine months of the baby's life is inside the mothers womb. But about after that?

My life is a mess to say the least. My first child; Caylyn was borne healthy and beutiful baby girl. But there was an obviose change in my wife of 4 years after the birth. My wife seemed detatched from out new daughter and something just didn't seem right. There was no joy in her face when when she arrived. None of the usual affection that one normally sees when a mother and newborn baby are togeather. Something just seemed off. It was understandable in a way with the rapid change in hormones, not to mention the physical stresses her body had just gone through.
After a few weeks of the same behavior I really became concerned. The closest I can come to explaining how it was is...giving a toy to a child after the child had been begging for it after weeks; in my case years. And once the child got the toy it ends up in the closet.
I finnaly convinced her to at least talk to a shrink and the peditrition gave her a referal, but it didn't matter. Caylyn was 7 weeks old when she died. Just shy of her first Christmas. The memories and pictures are all I have left along with a hope chest with baby cloths she wore. All I have of her, and what pictures from what the doctor called sids. The doctors called it sidds and I tried to convince myself that was what hapened but I couldn't. After that we seperated for almost a year. It wasn't because I blamed her, I couldn't. I hated everything and everyone including myself for not doing something. In a way, I thought my wife lucky that she was so detached from Caylyn but she had to love have loved her too.
We went to a marrage conseler and eventually we moved back in togeather. After talking we decided to have another child. It was all going to be different... It wasn't. This time it was a little boy. This time things got worse. This time the doctors diagnosed her with Post Pardom Depression right off the bat. We tried to work through it until one day she started screaming at the baby because he wasn't breastfeeding. I was fine with using formula, we used formula for Caylyn after all. Breastfeeding wasn't the problem. I couldn't go through all that pain again or the worrying that I'd be working out of town and she'd just leave the baby alone. He wasn't a completly helpless, defenceless infant to her. He was more like a puppy... The only time she seemed to get excited was when she saw him in cute little outfits...like a doll. I couldn't do it anymore. I filed for devorce and custody of our 2-month-old son.
Fileing for custody was harder then I would have ever imagined. My mother-in-law who seemed to love our son more then his own mother. She, not my wife wanted custedy... And they put me through everything. Acusing me of drug use and since the shrink I saw after my daughers death diagnosed me with depression... Prooved I was clean (of drugs) and was mentally stable enough to raise a child. That I was gainfully employed and could support him. Weekly DSS visits to my home along with dozens of interviews.

That's an entirly differnent set of circomstances compared to my friend, I know. But I understand what it feels like to loose a child at a very young age. I can understand how that elation can turn into horror. Pain that no one should have to go through... Yes, he never got to hold his son/daughter in his arms. But all those thoughts, hopes and dreams he had in his heart are gone.
This has brought up alot of feelings in myself aswell as I write about my two children. It is painful.

It is the right of a woman to choose. I never wanted to debate that since it's a dead point. All I was asking is if you THOUGHT it was right that a father has no right in the descision.

Drizzt Do Urden, LeHah and McGruff. Thank you.

What about after the birth? True, the first nine months of the baby's life is inside the mothers womb. But about after that?

The woman makes more lifestyle changes to bring a child up. She nurses them and raises him and protects them and guides them. A man? He just brings home a paycheck. He doesn't have to be emotionally invested in anyone; after all, he didn't carry a child so theres no "attachment".

Yes, I'm making generalizations but all of these generalizations have the entire history of civilization and a billion old sayings to back me up. "No greater love than mother cat dying for her kittens", etc.

My life is a mess to say the least.

Look, no offense, but you're not running for office. You're not going to sway votes because you had a hard life. Many of us have had terrible shit happen. We just don't regail people about those things because not only is it silly, its rather tasteless as well.

Well, I figured if YOU could get away with being an unabashed asshole . . .

I can get away with it because I am well-liked and generally don't mind playing ball with other posters here.

You do it - and you're just reminding people why you were banned in the first place. Way to be the winner!

"Playing ball", you say? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'd debate a subject with you till I was blue in the face, so long as you were respectful. It's when you start belittling a person for having a different opinion than you do, that's where I draw the line.

I can accept that you have very different views than I do on a great many subject, this one included. That's fine. Don't resort to name calling, as you've done in several threads recently. It shows how immature you really are.

And, I suppose I really owe you an apology for calling you an asshole. That showed how immature I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back