Repleetah

Nebula

Spaceman
I read in a WC site that the Confed lost 4 million man in that battle and the Kilrathi lost 7 million.
That diference is because the way of fighting of the Kilrathi soldiers (like the Japanese in WW2)?

Maybe...
But the Kilrathi have many physical advantages over us. How could they "lose" a ground battle involving so many troops?
Or maybe this is just a very stupid thread?

Well... first, there were two major fights at Repleetah. The numbers you have (2.7 million human troops, 1.2 million human civilians and 7 million Kilrathi) come from the first -- a traditional fight that lasted from 2646.080 until a Kilrathi withdraw on 2651.290.

Numbers for the fighting that killed *everyone* (2654.287-late 2664) aren't known.

A lot of those losses are because we were on the defensive -- remember the statement in End Run that it'd take ten imperial legions to dig out a single fortified human division from Vukar Tag... the losses of the side that has to make an amphibious landing are going to be far, far higher than those on the defensive.

Thanks. That explain everything.
I started this thread because I´m have a particular interest in how the humans do in a hand-to-hand fight against a Kilrathi. Deker said his group is expert in hand-to-hand combat. And he fought in Repleetah.

Confed Marines have occasionally fought hand to hand with the Kilrathi...

Dekker's not a good example, though -- he was *captured* at Repleetah. :)

Yikes. I wouldn't want to fight hand to hand. With their size, strength and claws... no matter what insults they hurl at me.

Doesnt hand to hand include pointing rifles at each other and firing too? As opposed to pushing a button and letting a missile fly a few hundred miles or a tank doing the work?

Originally posted by Wedge009
Yikes. I wouldn't want to fight hand to hand. With their size, strength and claws... no matter what insults they hurl at me.

Yes, Hunter had quite a hard time fighting one of them in hand to hand combat. :)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-28-2001 at 09:45]

No, there's no book about Repleetah... existing information comes from...

Victory Streak
The Confederation Handbook
Prophecy Official Guide
WCA Episode: "Word of Honor"

Back