Repair Systems in WC 2 and WC 1... Can I control it?

Sonntag

Spaceman
Is it possible to control the repair systems in WC1 and WC2 fighters? Sometimes I fly with a heavily damaged plane for many minutes, and sometimes the shields and other things get repaired really fast. Is there any way to control this, or is it random?

What about the Acc Absobers, is it any problem when they are destroyed? I never noticed any so far.

you get levels of damage, also, repair systems can fix themselves?

if you are in need of a repair, fly manually in stead of autopilot.

or better yet, just don't take damage.

In none of the games are you given control over the repair of damaged equipment, although in WC3 and later (and indirectly Priv/RF) you can control how much of an energy priority they get. Pretty much WC1/2 is "wait till its done". There aren't any timed missions in WC1/2, so there's no penalty in sitting at a just-cleared navpoint for a few minutes while waiting for stuff to get fixed. (Autopilot is effecitvely non-time, as far as the game is concerned, so things won't fix while autoing to the next nav point.)

As for acceleration absorbers, damage to them does slightly reduce the responsiveness of the ship to control movements, as I recall, but that's about it.

If you're playing one of the later games then when damaged continue until there's no more enemies at your nav point then put all power to repair. After that you can continue on with your mission.

In wc3 and 4 it is a good idea to divert all repair power to shield and gun systems... then, if you get shot up, you turn it on again after the fight is over... the repair system isn't fast enough to make a difference DURING the dog fight.

Edfilho said:
In wc3 and 4 it is a good idea to divert all repair power to shield and gun systems... then, if you get shot up, you turn it on again after the fight is over... the repair system isn't fast enough to make a difference DURING the dog fight.
This is basically what I said.

I know that I can use the repair system in WC3, I always divert the energy to the guns before and only divert it back if I get hit...

It just wonders me that sometimes, the shield generators in WC2 get repaired very fast, while it sometimes takes extremely long or doesn't happen at all, even though the damage is the same... That is strange.

Michael

Lt. Death: No, that's not what you said...

Sonntag: Well, I guess it has a priority list... and the level of damage also matters. As for mentioning the power thing in WC3 and 4, well, I was just trying to be helpful.

Edfilho said:
Lt. Death: No, that's not what you said...

"If you're playing one of the later games then when damaged continue until there's no more enemies at your nav point then put all power to repair. After that you can continue on with your mission."

"In wc3 and 4 it is a good idea to divert all repair power to shield and gun systems... then, if you get shot up, you turn it on again after the fight is over... "

Both of these are telling the original poster to do the same thing.

ChrisReid said:
"If you're playing one of the later games then when damaged continue until there's no more enemies at your nav point then put all power to repair. After that you can continue on with your mission."

"In wc3 and 4 it is a good idea to divert all repair power to shield and gun systems... then, if you get shot up, you turn it on again after the fight is over... "

Both of these are telling the original poster to do the same thing.

The first tells you to divert all power to repair after the nav is clear.

The second tells you to put no power to shields and guns during combat, and then all power to repair after the combat is over.

Mind you, not the same thing, as the repair system would be working during combat in the
first, but not on the second, that, in return, would have extra energy for shields and guns.

It’s a good way to boost your shields and guns recharge rate, with the downside that your ship doesn’t repair during combat.

It's completely different. One have you take all power from repair during combat, the other doesn't.

My suggestion was to divert the repair system power to other systems before combat, his suggestion was to divert all power to repair after combat... Quite the opposite.

But it is really a waste of time to argue such a triffle. Let us let this matter rest.

Edfilho said:
But it is really a waste of time to argue such a triffle. Let us let this matter rest.

Taking a snipe shot and then saying "discussion over!" is almost as agitating as the "I'm special!" arguement itself. Chris is right, though. You both said the exact same thing. It seems more like you're sore that you didn't get the first post the way you come off about the whole thing.

Well, I'm not sore, taking snipe shots nor do I want to seem special. I was trying to make the issue clear, and end a particularly pointless discussion... and you seem to be into picking a fight, so, what is your fucking problem?

Edfilho said:
My suggestion was to divert the repair system power to other systems before combat,

Which you followed up with: "then, if you get shot up, you turn it on again after the fight is over..." Which is exactly the same as:

Edfilho said:
his suggestion was to divert all power to repair after combat... Quite the opposite.

Yeah, you had a little bit of extra information, but since the whole point of this thread was about influencing repair time, not maximizing gun or shield energy, the repair part is the focal point.

Edfilho said:

compromise364.jpg

Edfilho said:
Is that thing on Hammer's gun supposed to be a silencer?

Not knowing what episode that screenshot was taken from, I have no idea what they called it. It's not a silencer, though, as they don't have the non-gun end wide open.

Back