Remake Manual

Silverain

Rear Admiral
Privateer Remake Manual

Above is the link to the latest version of the manual. I wanted to extract discussion from the privateer 1.0 thread (I shouldn't have hijacked that thread anyway *slap*).

Any, its in final 1.0 form since I'm disappearing for holidays and I won't be around to modify before the 1.0 release.

Seasons Greetings!
Silverain

P.S. Woohoo, my SVN is back and functional once more - I can enjoy the music again!

Awesome, great job Silverain.

I hijacked that thread more than you did... I replied to a comment there, but I should have started a separate thread.

So 1.0 release is just after the holidays, eh? :)

Please note v1.0.1 has fixed p & y key functions and new base computer screenshots. See link below

good point... in fact I think we should have a thread for all people who think they deserve some of the credit

It hasn't really been a priority until 1.0 is released

Since you volunteered loaf, could you get a full list of those people you think should be on the credits but are not?

And that can certainly include people like you, who were generous with various high rez screenshots to help ground the modellers. and KrisV who helped endlessly with the site.

Really I have no objection whatsoever; however, the only question is if they *want* to be on the credits...

the bottom line is the devel team got together ...threw down some names after the 0.2 release and that was that... any assistance at all in getting a more accurate list is most appreciated.

Ideally your list could be posted
name/job
name/job
name/job
in the credits thread that has been established
http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=16271

because they are in progress and no one has bothered to thresh it all out.

even the included credits are inaccurate.

i guess it'll all be gotten to in time.

-scheherazade

hellcatv said:
Silverain: If you could update the manual with the current credits listed at http://priv.solsector.net/credits.htm the team would be much obliged.
Others: if we forgot your name on the credits and you want to be there, please don't complain after the fact, but post on the credits thread

Will do.

Suggestion:

I think it would look better if the credits were reflected in groups e.g. privateer credits, rf credits, then our remake credits. That way there is no conflict of understanding.

Comments?

P.S. is it just me, or is the credits page crushed somewhat. The comment for acknowledging the original team is superimposed over the job titles in IE6.

Silverain said:
Will do.

Suggestion:

I think it would look better if the credits were reflected in groups e.g. privateer credits, rf credits, then our remake credits. That way there is no conflict of understanding.

Comments?

P.S. is it just me, or is the credits page crushed somewhat. The comment for acknowledging the original team is superimposed over the job titles in IE6.

I concur.

Each had their own set of people and they should be listed as such. That way you guys can have your own bright and shining spotlight. You deserve it, too.

Credits page:
I think it's a function of ie6. Looks fine to me -- I use FireFox 1.0 -- until I use micro$lut

micro$lut has taken the bottom frame of the table and superimposed it on teh left table. Maybe it's a code tag issue?

Oh, man. . .Nested tables. Not good. Neither browser is reading it properly if you look at it in Dreamweaver MX. It's just that Mozilla is cleaning it up to make it readable

any chance you folks could fix the credits page to your satisfaction and e-mail the fixed up .htm file so we could post it.

*bump*

Am updating the manual for a few changes and recommendations made. JohnC mentioned updating the docking picture - can anyone create/access/provide a decent picture that shows the docking clamps? Any screenies I make a horrid.

Will do another trawl later for credits update too.

Thanks in Advance
Silverain

I'll take one tonight. Let me know what format and resolution you want.

Lower resolution is fine and format .jpg/.png/.bmp will do. Its only a fairly small pic on the page. I took your Centurion approaching the jumppoint and edited for the ship and point only (for small pic), so pics as you have done previously are fine.

P.S. If you have a problem with my editing your screenshot, let me know.

OK, thanks for the pics.

BUT

Oddly, I thought the mirror surfaces were fixed(?)/corrected. Or is it just setup settings?

MamiyaOtaru said:
It's an option in the setup program. I personally prefer pics without the mirroring.

From other posts I've read I gather its something to do with specular. So what's the option(s) that give this effect/get rid of it?

Back