Reckoning Gives Out Birthday Treats (March 26, 2005)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
In celebration of the second birthday of the Reckoning mod for Freelancer, Bob has sent in a variety of goodies showing off some of the amazing work done for the mod.
It's Reckoning's second birthday, and to celebrate we're launching a
veritable media blitz! As the team puts the final touches on the next
release, we've taken the time to showcase a bit of our work. Now, even
those of you who don't have Freelancer can experience the vicarious
thrill of combat, thanks to three DivX video clips in easily
digestable installments of 3, 4 and 5 megs each!
First up we have the pictures - an InSys Rapier as created by Marc of Tarawa fame, and in-game pictures of a Demon, Hector mining base, and some Rapiers.

Now for the videos..

--
Original update published on March 26, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem, what codec are these videos encoded in? I'm having problems playing them. Obviously the .mov is quicktime but the others?

Download Winamp and you'll be able to see them just fine Maj.Striker
www.winamp.com

I'm like a little kid inside a candy store! too mutch candy, not enough me! wonderfull amazing computer candy! Horray!

They seem broken here. the combat vid plays about half a second then dies, the dealer vid gives an error and trying to play the jump vid my player tells me "AVI: Missing video stream!?"

Virtualdub refuses to open them as well. Pretty sure I have the right codecs or I wouldn't have seen that split second of the combat video ;)

I ran a file through GSpot. It says it's DivX 5.0, but there is a frame with bad data. Maybe it didn't upload properly?

Back