Re-watching original Battlestar on MeTV

ck9791

Rear Admiral
I've been re-watching the original Battlestar Galactica on MeTV and this Saturday will be the first part of the two part "The Living Legend" with Lloyd Bridges as Commander Cain. For some reason I keep picturing Lloyd on the bridge of the Pegasus acting like he does in the Airplane movies. Must be it is because I am more used to seeing him in is later comedic roles. But I imagine him reacting to a reporting of the approaching cylons by saying "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue" or one of the many other versions of that line his character uses in the two Airplane movies. Just a strange thought for a Friday.

That is a good two part episode. If I recall Cain was a bit of a maverick along the lines of Mad Max Kruger. Brilliant Tactician but stubborn as hell when it came to getting his way.

Stubborn as hell yes. I knew that Cain and Adama disagreed on strategy, but I forgot that Cain personally went out on the mission to capture the Cylon tankers and blew them instead up to force Adama to accept his plan of attacking Gamoray.

Right, Adama however still wasn't keen on the plan to attack Gamoray, and tried to have Pegasus share some of its fuel with the rest of the fleet. Meanwhile at the same time relieving Cain of his command nearly triggering a mutiny.

Back