Rank...

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
Am i the only one here that has ever somehow wanted gaining rank to have more meaning here? i mean i realize that at 2000 posts you get a few pretty cool new bonuses, but beyond that, i dont see a point... of course i could just be and incredably misguided poor soul desperetly in need of some major enlightenment...

If anything, ranking is a really bad idea. The internet is narcistic enough as is - a system of ranking based on how often you post to a board would just compound egos.

We're close to working out a deal with the US Army so that you can transfer your Chat Zone rank there when you sign up.

(Repeat)

Yeah, and I'll have a custom rank in under a year from my signup. I've been quite the post whore. And what have I contributed to this community? Three songs and a truckload of headaches. I'm the best.

I went from Major to Lt Colonel in the span of 5 days. You don't know what post-whoring is, buddy.

Man i cant wait till i get to make a custom name... that'll be awesome... since we all know the grass is greener on the other side...lol :D

You can make something for this community that really, really, stands out (it's explained in the FAQ). I don't have close to 2,000 posts.

I've moved up quite a bit in the last few months....going from like 2 or 3 posts for almost 4 years to almost 800...

Actually, LeHah, I've post whored pretty hard at some times. Like, not sleeping one night, just so I could stay up to make posts. Wow . . . that was some inane drivel I posted, too!

fap.jpg

Maniac II said:
Am i the only one here that has ever somehow wanted gaining rank to have more meaning here?

That seems to be a fairly common sentiment throughout the Internet. I don't know why. Some people value high post counts, others value early registration dates. Neither makes much sense. If anything, people should be rated by the quality of their posts and the effect that they have on the community. Even then, though, you're still ranking everybody. I don't know why we feel the need to do that.

Back