Ralatha and Snakeir Episode 3 Mission Question

Ptarmigan

Spaceman
I have beaten this mission before a long time ago when Episode 3 first came out. I have to choose between a Gladius and Rapier, but I choose the Gladius because it has torpedos. It is the mission I have to fight the Ralatha and Snakeir. The Ralatha can be destroyed with one torpedo, while the Snakeir needs more than one. The Gladius has only two torpedos. The Broadswords are there, but are completely tied with the fighters. Is there a way to destroy it. Also, there are many fighters to contend with.

How do you kill the Ralatha with one torpedo? It always takes two for me (I have to hit the bridge and the engines).

Heh he probably didn't notice that someone fired a torp on the ralatha. Besides. The basic strategy for this mission is to stay near the broadswords and kill anything firing at them. If you have 4 broadswords surviving to nav 2, thay should be able to do the job. If you're in Rapier that's all you can do really (personally I think this mission Is easier in Rapier) If you are flying Gladius then send your wingmen after Ralatha, but you stay and protect the broadswords !!! then in Snaikeir Nav go after the Engines Yourself. If you take both out, its just one hit that someone must deliver on the bridge. Then retract and protect Brodswords again...

Sartha and Drakhri are top priority when defending the Broadswords. I think it would be helpful if you use a nav computer so you can figure out which enemy is targeting friendly bombers. It's pointless to say that you can get your job done a little bit easier when you're working with your wingmen(Gladii or not).

Yeah those two love to fire DFs which can ruin days very quickly. In some of the other hard missions they tend to be more of a threat then the heavier fighters.

My order for priority shoot downs when protecting bombers goes: Sartha, Drakhri, Krant, Gratha, and then from there on I just kill whatever.

Screw priorities, just kill whoever is closest and stick with the bombers. I always use 'U'-targetting for that kinda stuff, navmap disrupts flow... that's bad for the fun and performance.

Actually, most of the time, the faster Epees did most of the work in this mission. Thank God they were given a strike loadout.

Good point. Even I wouldn't use a navmap all the time for targeting every single cat. I usually use it when I have to issue my wingmen to attack my target.

Back