Question about the stats.

Well a fully "accurate to WC2" Confed class mesh(which is still toned down MAJORLY) is about 1,600 quadrangles(Because the XWA engine likes doing hitzones with quads instead of tris), which any WC engine doesn't seem to handle(although it really doesn't mean much in the long run since when rendered the quads are turned into 2 tris), which would be about 3,200 polygons to make it look decent. The Bengal took far less, but it's still quite a bit above the Ranger, or Concordia meshes(something like 3-4 times the face count). Considering the vessel that has the highest poly count is something like the SO Vesuvius(987), I sorta doubt it'd work out.

And with Confeds(the ship not the faction), even without the PTC they're a very formidable ship, much more so than the Concordia class.Besides a minor redesign shouldn't take THAT long(trade the PTC for something like a third hangar.)

------------------
"I hope you make it, Tarkington. Just don't pull the handle till after we've hit. Promise me."
"I'm behind you all the way CAG..."
-Captain Jacob Lee "Coolhand" Grafton, and Lieutenant Robert "Toad" Tarkington, Final Flight

You're an ass, Kalk.

Is this a cutesy-poo not understanding or do you actually not get it?

The PTC had a tendancy to explode because of a design flaw. It didn't explode and destroy the PTC, it exploded and destroyed the carrier. As thus, production of the PTC was ceased.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

What's more, they probably didn't even know what the design flaw was, since they could never take a look at a PTC which failed
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not what I meant.

When specifically did a PTC blow and with it an entire carrier? I never heard of this happening.

------------------
Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.

"I never heard of this happening."

'If you had, Death's Head, that would've been a serious breach of our security.'

Let's see who can tell me where I derived the quote from, and what it was originally about, without looking back into WC 2
smile.gif

Well... Kalkrath. I didn't expect you to get that
smile.gif

He's quite right I just played SO1.
smile.gif

So what am I supposed to do guess where this supposed event happened??

------------------

Sounds like the trivia games no one likes to buy because they don't say where they get the ridiculous information from.
biggrin.gif

It would be so much more impressive if you guys just told where you heard of things like this. The "facts" would have so much more meaning.

------------------

Back