Question about the stats.

Earthworm

Spaceman
I'm working on a WC site, and I'm right now working on a ship section. The problem is, I don't know what stats I should use for the WC2 ships
kilconfused.gif
. In all manuals the shields and armor are between 5cm-25cm on fighters, and from 100cm-600cm on capships, however in the files from the game the shield/armor strength is similar, and sometimes better than in WC3. Since this site is for the WC fans I'm asking you to help me with this.
biggrin.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote up a list of figuire what I think stats ought to be on a spreadsheet if you want I can send it to you earthworm, you will find it interesting if nothing else.

Ok as soon as I get home I send it on towards you.

I just sent the stats I don't know if you will be able to open the doc or not, if you can't I will have to transfer it to notepad or something like that.

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited February 12, 2000).]

Earthworm: When I have time, I'll get the proper stats from the WC 2 files, and send them to the CIC; hopefully they won't mind replacing manual stats with real stats. I'd advise you to wait until then.

Sure, my page is still a long time from being finished, so I can wait. I just hope that they won't start saying I copied the stats and took the pictures from their CIC ship database.
biggrin.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

While pics you should find your own, it is perfectly acceptable to copy the stats. After all, most of them are straight from the manual. If you use the ones not from the manual, then it's still ok as long as you make a little note saying where you got the stats from.
BTW, why bother? I mean, the CIC Ships Database is great. Why bother making another one, when this is good enough?

Well, I want to make an even better one.
biggrin.gif

And I want to make a page with character bios, ship and weapon stats, walkthroughs for all games, reviews for the games and novels and the general info from the WC universe.

------------------
Gen. Patton

It's a simple procedure. You use WCNAV. WCNAV is a great program; no household should be without it
smile.gif

Though you may not know it, it is thanks to WCNAV that we've got these:
cool.gif

I already used Wcnav to get the ships from WC1, WC2 and Priv, and I can easily take screens of the ships in the rest of the games. So I won't need to take any from your site Kalk.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Earthworm: Getting sick of having to flip each one upside down and of removing the little numbers from the corners yet?
smile.gif

Just leave the pictures the way they come... let the viewer try and figure out what you were smoking when you made the page
biggrin.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Quatro, actualy I already got all the pictures I wanted. Now I just have to upload them (not an easy task when using a 28k modem
frown.gif
).

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 13, 2000).]

Earthworm: I'm planning to extract something real neat from WC 2 today... You'll like it
smile.gif

Is it really so hard to put the "r" _before_ the "t", Eatrhworm?
wink.gif

Wcnav? I never heard of that what does it do and how do I track it down?

Earthworm did you get my list? I would have put on the earlier wc1 weapons on but I don't know where my stats are.

Could someone tell me the stats for the porcupine mine from the Raptor Blueprints?

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited February 13, 2000).]

QuaRTo, what is it? I'm prety sure I looked through all files in WC2 and didn't find anything especialy interesting.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Earthworm: A lovely little animation of the Concordia taking out a Fralthra with the PTC
smile.gif

Death's Head: That's the problem. It's an excellent program, but nobody's heard of it. If you go to the Information Area of HCl's page, you'll find WCNAV there. It's based on HCl's old viewer, but it has been heavily upgraded by Matrix.
The stats for the Porcupine are not shown on the Raptor blueprints.

Damn straight it was.
biggrin.gif
Though there should have been a stronger ship. Destroyoing a Kamekh isn't realy impresive.

Back