PTC lineage

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
It seems that the mighty Phase Transit Cannon had two flaws; 1. It was too big to house in anything smaller then a dreadnought, 2. If not given the time to recharge, if fired, it could destroy the ship carrying it.

I was curious if the Sivar weapon had similar problems? I know fire and forget seems to be the domain of Confed, but it seems logical that the older, less refined design would have the same difficulty.

It seems that the mighty Phase Transit Cannon had two flaws; 1. It was too big to house in anything smaller then a dreadnought, 2. If not given the time to recharge, if fired, it could destroy the ship carrying it.

I was curious if the Sivar weapon had similar problems? I know fire and forget seems to be the domain of Confed, but it seems logical that the older, less refined design would have the same difficulty.

The Phase Transit Cannon was based on the same technology as the Proton Accelerator Gun, but the functionality was completely different. The Kilrathi weapon was much larger and couldn't target ships at all... it's doubtful recharge was ever a problem, since situations where they would be in a position to wipe out two colonies in rapid succession seem unlikely.

(It's not necessarily a refining of technology, either - it's Confed constructing a weapon very quickly based on the debris of the Sivar...)

Back