PSP Command & Conquer

Sarty

Rear Admiral
In an interview with CNN, an EA representative has confirmed that Westwood Studios (owned by EA) is working on a Command & Conquer title for Sony's new PSP handheld.

According to the spokesperson, both the original Command & Conquer and its follow up Command & Conquer Red Alert will be released PSP.

"I've always wanted to play incredibly large scale games on the go," they explained. "For flights and road trips, I'm pretty sure the fans will be excited to hear that Command & Conquer, and Command & Conquer Red Alert will be making appearances on PSP."

"We don't have a firm release date, but the games will have to be totally revamped for PSP's UMD architecture. Nonetheless, expect the Command & Conquer franchise to make its move on PSP within this year."

So there we have it, a presumably Wi-Fi enabled Command & Conquer for PSP before the end of the year. As long as the game manages to stand up to the test of time or gets a modern makeover to fix its ageing features, this is something we're sure to be wanting later this year.

Can't wait for this one, I would love to play C&C and Red Alert on the go, too bad there's no news of a new title though. The one bad thing is the PSP's battery life, that might become a problem knowing how long some RTS missions may last. What do you guys think?

Here is the source PSP Command & Conquer

Sounds good, but I'm more into turn based strategy in handhelds. And I really really wish they'd hurry up and do a new computer/console one. ace got Generals going on his 52 inch tv today and it looks damn hot.

HAHAAHAH keep reading that page and you will eventially get to see the 35000$$$$$$ cover for your PSP as if I diddnt have to watch out for people trying to steal it now lets make it worth more than my car.

AFAIK there are plans for a battery booster/bigger battery for the PSP which should appear this year.

Battery life has not been too much of an issue for me with my PSP. (I do have to admit that I probably don't play it nearly as much as most people do though). However when I've taken it on road trips it's lasted a long life for me. I bought the "power brick" from Gamestop for $20 and with that charged I've never run out of battery life.

As for C&C Generals...that sounds awesome but as to how the controls would work...that confuses me and I bet it'd be pretty difficult.

Maj.Striker said:
As for C&C Generals...that sounds awesome but as to how the controls would work...that confuses me and I bet it'd be pretty difficult.

Well its not Generals, its the original C&C plus Red Alert. I must admit an RTS game of that style would be hard to control on the PSP. It would probably be better for the DS, using the touch screen, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

They are making Age of Empires for the DS, it's looking pretty great. BUT even with the stylus, they're making it turn-based.

There are oodles of j-rpgs being made for the DS. many of them are close to being Turn-based-strategy games.

But it would be pretty interesting to see a real RTS on any portable.

BTW, the Nintendo 64 version of C&C was TBS or RTS?

Edfilho said:
They are making Age of Empires for the DS, it's looking pretty great. BUT even with the stylus, they're making it turn-based.

There are oodles of j-rpgs being made for the DS. many of them are close to being Turn-based-strategy games.

But it would be pretty interesting to see a real RTS on any portable.

I really like the TBS games on handhelds, especially Fire Emblem, but I would love to see a traditional RTS on a handheld.

Edfilho said:
BTW, the Nintendo 64 version of C&C was TBS or RTS?

I believe it was RTS. I never played it but I remember my cousin showing it to me.

Back