Prophecy Question...

Crusader11

Spaceman
Ok...I must be forgetting something, or I'v lost some of my touch at flying. I dusted off my copy of Prophecy Gold this morning. I'm currently in the first mission in the H'hrass system; the mission where Blair gets captured. It's all fine and good up until the point where the second wave of enemies show up. I do everything that one would typically do in this situation; ie taunt and shoot at and otherwise distract in everyway possible the bugs from the comm station. However, I just can't seem to beat them. Is there some special approach or tactic that I'm missing, or do I just need to restore my flight skills?

Forget taunting them, just go after the clustered Skates, and Red Mantas if there are any. Those are the only ships that are a threat to to station.

IIRC you're gonna have to restore your flight skills.
IIRC there is a Devil Ray that gets Blair. Forget about it. Keep the Station, TCS Redeemer (IIRC he's there) and the marines alive. That means consult the map a lot and regularly to see who's attacking who.
Go after anything that can kill the station first, eg. Red Mantas and Skate T/B, etc.
Use your Charging Mass Drivers. A fully charged blast should take a Skate and Moray in one shot.
Use your missiles. Get lock, get close, fire then finish up with guns.
Don't try to conserve AB fuel or missiles. Use them aggressively, remember help is on the way.
Taunting always helps...usually
wink2.gif

The most important thing is KILL REPEAT KILL

You beat me to it by two minutes Earthworm
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Penguin (edited October 07, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... Penguin... you've said "IIRC" in that post about 15 dozen times.
eek.gif
What does it mean?

------------------

§

Excatly Penguin, I beat you. Because I'm the best. Mwuahahahhahahahah!
smile.gif

Actualy Penguin, you don't have to worry about the Redeemere or the LC. The bombers will go after the station, and most fighters will go after you so there won't be that much ships to attack those two. In all the ten or so times that I played through Prophecy those two were never killed.
smile.gif

Saturnyne: It means If I Recall Correctly, IIRC.
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Back