Prophecy question

Sharpshooter

Rear Admiral
As some of you know, I bought Prophecy from Starvector a while ago, but it turned out that unlike advertised, Starvector *didn't* have any copies of Prophecy in stock, so now I have to buy it for real.

I know my father would like to see Prophecy's cutscenes, but he doesn't speak English, so I'd get the French version... But I'm not sure HCl's multiplayer patch would work with it.

So, what I'm asking is, does HCl's patch work with non-English versions of Prophecy?

(Please forgive me if this question has already been answered - I did a quick search, but it wasn't very thorough :D).

Starvector sucks. I think you'd be fine, but I don't have a copy here to test. Worst case, Half.com has WCP for $5-10 if you need to pick up a second for multiplayer.

Thanks! I'll go for the French version then. After all, I can't see why a translation would need heavy engine-editing, so HCl's patch will probably work.

By the way, since we aren't the only ones who think that Starvector isn't that good (it has gotten quite a bit of negative feedback over the years, apparently), it might be a good idea to remove it from the CIC's Where to Buy page. ;)

By the way, since we aren't the only ones who think that Starvector isn't that good (it has gotten quite a bit of negative feedback over the years, apparently), it might be a good idea to remove it from the CIC's Where to Buy page. ;)

Do they even list any WC games in their store anymore? If we updated the section, we'd remove just about every site and just leave links to amazon, ebay and half.com. The guy that ran Starvector used to post to agwc and we used to give him a hard time then about stuff like that.

Back